Scales for Level 7 Beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym monkeys mom

Proud Parent
My DD will be a second year level 7. She has 1 teammate new to our club also a 2nd year level 7 and 3 other new to level 7. She is glad to finally have a team land loves them last year she was the only level 7 . They have been working on beam routines. DD has to change her mount last year she did a center straddle mount but, she has been fighting sore knees so this is no longer an option. She will do a side jump coach wants nothing hard you can fall off on. Good plan I think.:) She does a Y scale in her routine it looks nice her frustration is the 3 new Level 7 or at least 2 of them also want a Y scale. Now, I realize this is not only DD's trick to do but, 3 of 5 girls on one team will be doing one :confused:that seems odd at lest DD thinks so. So any other suggestions for DD on scales? Thanks for the help.

From a coaching judging/ perspective not really a big deal. Why do they all want to do a scale? (from a coaches viewpoint- only BEAUTIFUL scales w/ full split are the only one sthat get into my beam routines.)

My DD will be a second year level 7. She has 1 teammate new to our club also a 2nd year level 7 and 3 other new to level 7. She is glad to finally have a team land loves them last year she was the only level 7 . They have been working on beam routines. DD has to change her mount last year she did a center straddle mount but, she has been fighting sore knees so this is no longer an option. She will do a side jump coach wants nothing hard you can fall off on. Good plan I think.:) She does a Y scale in her routine it looks nice her frustration is the 3 new Level 7 or at least 2 of them also want a Y scale. Now, I realize this is not only DD's trick to do but, 3 of 5 girls on one team will be doing one :confused:that seems odd at lest DD thinks so. So any other suggestions for DD on scales? Thanks for the help.

Unless your daughter looks like Nastia Liukin when she does the scale, it is a total waste of time for a Level 7...as cool as it is to do an "optional" routine, Level 7 is about being clean and simple.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back