WAG Schedule for NCAA Regionals?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ali'sMom

Proud Parent
I'm trying to decide between going to Texas for the Championships, or saving some money and go to Athens for the regionals.

Can anyone tell me where to find what TIME the regionals will be? I know they're on April 2nd, but as much as I've googled and clicked and searched, I cannot find a time. Trying to see about flying in Saturday morning, but not sure if this is something that is done in the morning, afternoon, or evening.
Boy, I sound clueless!!

Thank you for anyone who knows, or can point me in the right direction!

A couple of the regional locations list start times as 4pm, I would expect that for the Georgia location too. The earliest I can ever remember a regional starting is 2pm(I'm on the west coast).

Won't be getting to see one again this year, though. Yet again only ONE of the six Regional sites is west of the Missisippi.

Can you tell me how they're done?
When I ended up finding last year's info, it looked like UofFlorida was actually in California. Are they not done by each one has schools from that section of the country?

It is done by ranking more than geography(the sites aren't spread out very well geographically - Iowa AND Minnesota? Alabama AND Georgia hosting?) But the school that's hosting gets to compete in their own regionals(so Georgia would definitely be there). After that they are spread out by ranking, so the top 6 teams will be at 6 different sites. Then the next 6 seeds are spread out across the 6 sites. After that they try to take geography into account, so the lower seeded teams usually will be placed at the closest site to them. Right now Georgia is ranked 11th, so if seeding was done today you would probably get to see Oklahoma or Florida.

It is done by ranking more than geography(the sites aren't spread out very well geographically - Iowa AND Minnesota? Alabama AND Georgia hosting?) But the school that's hosting gets to compete in their own regionals(so Georgia would definitely be there). After that they are spread out by ranking, so the top 6 teams will be at 6 different sites. Then the next 6 seeds are spread out across the 6 sites. After that they try to take geography into account, so the lower seeded teams usually will be placed at the closest site to them. Right now Georgia is ranked 11th, so if seeding was done today you would probably get to see Oklahoma or Florida.

Thank you for the help!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back