Search for a Replacement Meet... Oh boy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi all.

My gym, Arcadia, was planning on attending the Pink Invitational here in PA. Well, as it turns out, that meet closed off registration probably 3 weeks ago, the response was so overwhelming. Not only was I SERIOUSLY looking forward to it (I was literally sobbing when I found out that we couldn't do it), it was one of our only travel-ish meets since we're prep-op. Now, I've been left with the task of hunting for another cool meet that we could do. So...

Does anyone know of some cool, different, fun meets that are semi-close to PA? As long as we could drive there from Pittsburgh, we'd be OK. The meet would obviously have to have prep-op or novice op.

I really appreciate it guys. I'm still really upset that we can't do the Pink, but there's always next year, right? Let's just hope that we can get in to one before I graduate. Hehe. :p

-K

Sorry to hear about your meet being cancelled. I don't know of any meets in PA, but if you go to the USAG website, there's a big list of all invitationals. You might also check meetscoresonline.

I'd say check the USAG website - www.usa-gymnastics.org

If you look under Find A and then select Invitational Competition from the drop down menu. There's lots listed, and usually list all the levels being accepted, including pre-op.

Good luck. I really wanted to do that meet to, but it is our gyms first year and our coach said maybe next year if the do it again. We'll have to remember to sign up early!

What time of year are you aiming for? I can think of a meet in PA mid Decemberish (not sure if there's a prep op session) but registration might be closed for that as well. It's a popular "pre holidays get it over with" weekend to start the season. Our mid Dec meet reg. has been closed for months now it feels like. There's Nittany at PSU in...January? That's a big meet, might be a prep op session.

How about John Pancott Invitational Feb 7&8, 2009. It's held in Exton,PA. Very close(like 10miles) to where the Pink meet is being held. Always a nice meet!

Thank you all so much! I really appreciate all of the help. I'm going to check out a few of them. :]

@Scout'sMom - We actually have done the Rock 'n Roll/Dominique for the past 3 years. I know that our compulsory girls are scheduled to compete at that one this year, but I don't think we are. I'll have to ask my coach. :)

@gymdog - I searched the Nittany and they're filled up too. Bummer. :(

@gymjourneymom - That one looks like a blast from what I've read on it, but it's the same weekend as our home meet. :(

@ZJsMom and flippersmom - I will definitely search through there, thank you so much! I had no idea that USAG had a search like that on their website. :)

Our gym is hosting a huge meet over New Year's weekend called Classic For The Cure. It will raise money for the Susan G Kormen foundation. Our gymnast have raised money this past year to have Shawn Johnson there for TWO sessions. We will have over 700 gymnasts compete over 3 days. Not sure about the upper levels but check out the site here:

2009 Classic for the Cure

It is Central NJ, so maybe not a HUGE travel meet from PA, but we have fun things planed for our visiting gyms like a New Year's Eve party and info for those wanting to go visit NYC. Check it out!

Last edited:
That looks like an AWESOME meet Blackie, and it probably wouldn't be hard to make it happen, but it looks like the registration is closed on that one too. :( It's great that these meets are so popular, though! It's for the right reasons. :)

That looks like an AWESOME meet Blackie, and it probably wouldn't be hard to make it happen, but it looks like the registration is closed on that one too. :( It's great that these meets are so popular, though! It's for the right reasons. :)

Oh I'm so sorry Kayleigh, I wasn't aware of that. I know at the recent meeting it was mentioned we had more gymnasts registered than anticipated, which is good...this is the first time we are running a meet of this size. We are used to running many small ones, never one big one, LOL

I thought there is a website somewhere that also has meets listed for all over the country. I will see if I can find it for you if it wasn't already mentioned here above.

I am not affiliated with the gym that runs this meet, but our gym is attending and I do not think they are closed yet - the Star Struck Invitational. It is held over Valentine's Day weekend this yr and President's Day is the Monday so you would have an extra travel day as far as schools are concerned. It is held in Atlantic City, NJ in the convention center. Check out the website:

http://www.starboundgymnastics.com/default.asp?contentID=676

Good luck with your search!

Hershey Hugs & Kisses meet Valentine's Weekend is a great meet & you can visit Hershey Park & the chocolate factory:).

Last edited:
Ohhh that Hershey meet sounds YUMMY! We go for a PA visit the first weekend in Dec. We used to stay all weekend, but now we condensed it all into an over-niter. We love Hershy at Christmastime!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back