Parents Season and State report-HUGE BRAG ALERT!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So, I've not been posting results and have been basically lurking all season. As you may remember I had some concerns about dd's gym at the begining of the season. Well, the concerns were unfounded and I stand corrected! I didn't want to jinx anything by posting results! A little background here, dd has always been a solid and consistent gymmie, but never placed top 3 AA in level 4 or 5. As level 6 scoring is so difficult, she didn't expect much this season. She was just focused on qualifying for optionals next year. HOLY COW! She placed in the top 3 AA at 7 out of 9 meets this year, with 3 1st place AA finishes! She got 1st, 2nd or 3rd on every event. Prior to this year she had never scored a 9 on beam or floor (managed lots of 8.9's), well she broke the nines this year!

So here are the results for State:
She is state floor champion!!! 9.05
Beam- 8.975 second (a few wobbles-she was 1st in the rotation)
Vault- 9.525 third
Bars- 8.4 7th - Here's the heart breaker...her bar coach asked the judges why the score was so low as it was the best routine she has thrown this year. It appeared to them she touched her thighs to the bar on her clear and they deducted 5-8 tenths or so. Dd swears she didn't, but what can you do? Oh, well.:rolleyes:

All Around- 35.95 3rd place!!!!! Dd was thrilled, but was most excited to take off the compulsary leo for the last time! She's qualified for optionals!

AND...I got to meet Hunde2 and her adorable gymmie! Thanks everyone for letting me brag!

Brag away proud mama!! Sounds like she had a great season and an awesome finish. Good for her. :D Tell her congrats!!

:applause::applause::applause:Congratulations to your DD!!! L6 can be tough...looks like she nailed it!!!Way to go State Champ...woo-hoo!!! Now onto optionals, have fun picking out floor music!:floor:

I didn't film anything. I get too nervous and the picture ends up being jittery. One of the other parents filmed vault and bars for me. I'll see if I can't get a copy to post! Thanks everyone!

Congrates again.Sorry we didn't have much time to talk.We were driving home right after the awards.8 hr drive.I heard the next day they shot the highway down due to high winds and snow and some people from our club got stranded spending the night.
Level 6 is tough.Her scores rocked.

Congratulations to you and your State Champ!!!!!! Level 6 is a toughie, but she had a great year and a fantastic finish.

Heres to wishing you a successful optional season. Must be fun to finally stop working routines and get back to training skills again.

Wow, congrats to your DD on a super successful Level 6 season and a great state meet! How exciting for her to be moving on to optionals. You give me hope for my dd. She has yet to score a 9 on beam at Level 4 or this year at Level 5. Maybe Level 6 will bring it! :D

Anyway, congrats to your dd on her great meet and state championship on floor!

Meg

Big Congrats to fl state champ !!She had a great meet nice scores.How exciting for her to now be an Optional gymnast!!!!

That sounds brag-worthy to me! Congratulations on an awesome season!:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back