Season End Update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well i haven't been on here in a long, long time, and i figured it was about time for an update.
So competition season went pretty well besides all of my injuries that have magically appeared :mad: but i managed to pull off a fairly successful season anyways. So i qualified for level 9 state and got 4th all around, qualifying for regionals. Got 1st on beam, 2nd on vault, 3 on bars, and 7th on floor at regionals (my best mee ever :D) and qualified for westerns. Well, tuesday before westerns i hurt my knee on my double full on floor. Totally a fluke and we decided we would just take it easy to be ready to compete at westerns. Well, i didn't do much of anything until the meet, but then first event, beam, i landed everything perfect until my front tuck where i wobbled, and reinjured my knee again (with a pretty impressive looking fall onto my back on the mats) Well, that ended my westerns experience. The trainer lady said its probably just sprianed but i was still super disappointed. I still got an 8.0 on a 1/2 a routine, and didn't even get last on beam lol.
So i took this week off, not even going to the gym, just conditioning at home, and now i have this fake baby from school to take care of for the weekend :rolleyes:. Anyways, i had to take a coupel weeks off for my elbow anyways, so its working out alright (i'm just going to have abs of steel). Well, i have a ton to learn this summer and i'm really excited to be able to get back to practice. I'm hoping this couple week break will help heal all of my injuries i have acquired this year lol.
I decided that despite my epic fail at westerns, this was still a hugely successful season for me. For the first time in my life,l practiced more that 9 hrs. a week, and survived. I also made it to nationals which is a pretty huge feat considering the only time i even made it to state was level 5 (and i'm really not sure how that happened looking at the videos). So this was a very successful season for me and i'm proud of how much improvement i made in just one year. I'm hoping to continue improving and reach my goal of a college scholarship!!!!

Sorry to hear about your injuries and dramatic end to Westerns. Sounds like you had a great season and are really ready to compete L10. Take care of yourself and have an awesome summer learning some new skills.

Well, i just found out today that i probably tore my ACL and will be out for 6+ months... That puts a little catch in my plans towards my goal of a college scholarship. Next year is my junior year and that makes for big issues when we are talking about how this is going to happen... I could use a ton of prayers right now. :(

Congrats on your very successful season :)!! However, sorry to hear about your ACL-:( not a good thing but will be praying for a very speedy recovery--keep that conditioning going while recouping from the knee.

Glad you had a good season! Sorry to hear about the knee! As you read(i know because you replied lol) I have the same thing-a complete tear, my ACL is non exsistant, so I am scheduled for surgery in about a month, and I am in the long run too and though I am not and never will be near your level, I feel your frustration. But six months isn't that long! and youre only going into your junior year, you have tons of time to get it back!! best of luck to you!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back