Parents Season ending injury?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I guess being cautious is better. I've been telling my daughter that we will be perfectly fine for her to just do bars in 9 days. She is also fine with it. I definitely won't push her to do more than her foot can handle. Thanks for the reminder.

Reactions: sce
I have good news to report. Without any pressure from me, my daughter eased back into using her foot about a week ago. She said she was able to land and run on it without any pain. So she ended up being able to do full practices last week and competed yesterday morning. After each time that she did a little more on her foot, she said there was no pain at that moment, or the next day. So I think we were lucky to have a case of her injury being a lot better than the doctor had diagnosed. Probably a combination of prayer, good rest for 2 weeks, and being young.

Now I am getting all the bills from the Xray and MRI. This was a pretty expensive bruise on her foot. But I'm glad I was cautious and I am glad how it turned out.

She had almost 2 weeks completely off of gymnastics (due to funny scheduling, school camp, and a sickness), and then she had 1 week of practice before her meet yesterday. She did her usual on bar and beam, but her floor and vault scores were lower than usual. She wasn't tumbling as high or leaping as high, and she went back to some bad habits of bad form on her vault. I'm not sure if this has to do with her being rusty, or just the natural course of her season since she tends to have amazing meets in the beginning of the season, then a drop in scores near the end. She tends to score high again at states, so I hope history repeats itself.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back