Parents season summary and state report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok, this site being down all weekend was killing me! I'm so glad it is back up so I can catch up on all the State meet reports!! DD had a good year at level 7. The season started out a bit rough because she hadn't quite perfected her giants and beam, but once she nailed them she took off! She was on cruise control for a stretch and then had a bad ankle injury at a practice before a big meet. She was practicing her beam routine on the floor and stepped off the mat wrong. She ended up scratching every event that meet but bars. That was hard for her as she's never had to scratch, but she placed third on bars (even with a fall)! She recovered well for State. She placed 2nd AA, 1st on beam (whoo hoo) and 3rd on floor at State. The difference between 1st and 2nd was only .075! Bars have been her go to event all season, but she had a weird oopsie in her State routine. She nearly missed her squat on, so she went for a sole circle and didn't quite get to the top of the bar. You could see her thinking, "I WILL NOT fall!" And then she just launched herself to the high bar. How she ever made a kip/cast to handstand out of that I will never know, but she did. The judges looked a little shocked too! She bent her knees a bit on her giants and I'm sure got deducted mightly for form breaks. Anyway, 6th place finish on bars (out of 16- not too bad). Vault started out well this season, but since her ankle injury she hasn't been punching off the board right. Not a bad vault, but not up to her usual. We did A LOT of travelling this year. That turned out to be very positive for the girls because they got to see how they stacked up in other regions and how they scored with other judges (pretty well). I have got to praise her coaches! There was a reconfiguring of the gym at the end of last season and some major drama throughout, but the three coaches my daughter worked with just kept it all together for the girls. And boy did it pay off. These girls walked away with the 1st place level 7 team title! :p I have been reading over everyone's posts and will continue to do so! I wish everyone lots of luck! I'm so glad to be a part of this group!

I knew she would do well at level 7! Glad she had a good season. Love the bar routine report from States, I love to see a kid fight to stay on something, just amazes me and I think they should get extra credit. LOL. Congrats to her for a great State meet, too!

That sounds like a great season. Congratulations on the state title on beam and 2nd AA. What a great way to finish a season with ups and downs.

It's funny-- our gym just went through a transition as well and took the state title for level 7 too. For a minute, I was thinking "is this someone from dd's gym." We didn't have anyone hurt an ankle before a meet and scratch everthing but bars though, so I guess not.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back