WAG Seasoned Gymnasts and/or coaches and parents of gymnasts?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey there guys, I've read through some of these threads and stuff and made my account recently! I've always been a gymnastics enthusiast. I've always loved it as an art and a sport. That's the only part of the Olympics I watch! Haha

Anyways, I'm an author and I'm starting up a story. (Apologies if I should not post this here) I've got a lot of the basics and stuff but considering I'm not a gymnast myself and there are a good deal of things I don't know. Like some of the details and routines and practice stuff and all of that. So if someone who DOES know some stuff and wouldn't mind talking to me about some things and discussing different gymnastics things like conditioning and compositions,Or message me here! Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a huge amount of info you just mentioned. It would take volumes. Best to narrow down what you want to write about.

We can probably answer some questions that you have. But to just tell you about "details and routines and practice stuff" is a little broad..
That is a huge amount of info you just mentioned. It would take volumes. Best to narrow down what you want to write about.

Yes, of course! Apologies it didn't come through well, but my intention was that I would have certain questions, of course! I don't expect anyone to just write me a long report, haha! I just meant that's most of the things I would be covering.

Is there any particular level you would be interested in, or is your focus progression through the sport? My DD, who is 10, has been doing gymnastics since she was 18 months, has been on competitive team since she was 6, and is currently training level 7 (the first optionals level after the pre-op 6). There are 3 levels higher than her and then, of course, elites.

I hope that if anyone contacts you and offers to talk to you offline that you will give them your full background- your name, what exactly you are writing, where you are in the process, do you have a publisher, what have you published in the past, etc. Because people should know who they are talking to and for what purpose before they give you their time and stories.

I have some experience working with authors and journalists. Anyone can claim to be an author.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back