Second L4 Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Danica76

Proud Parent
DD had her 2nd L4 meet yesterday. She ended up in an 8-11 year old age group because there weren't enough of each age to break it down furthur (and she's still 7)! Here's how she did:

Started on vault - Our team was up first and my DD went first (she volunteered - ugh! lol). Score was 8.0, down from an 8.65 last meet (which I thought was low, but it really doesn't matter). No place.

Bars - Much better than last meet. She fell on her mill circle again and front hip, but got a 6.4 (up A LOT from last meet!). 8th place out of 12 girls.

Beam - She hit that routine like I have never seen her hit it before (and beam has always been where she struggles the most and where I get really nervous). Great rhythm, didn't go over time, nice straight legs...8.5 for 2nd place out of 12 girls! I about fell over when they called her up to the podium. Improved her beam score 1.8 points from last meet!

Floor - She looked pretty good, but the asst. coach went out there to spot her on her ROBHS. Score of 7.55 (still almost a whole point better than last meet). No place.

8th place AA out of 12 in a crazy mish-mash of an age group.

So incredibly proud of how she stepped it up and conquered her nemesis event. She had the best time again with her team and I am so happy that she is loving her first competition season so far :)

WTG Maryn!!! Wow a 2nd on bean as a 7 year old. She should be so proud of herself! I am sure she was floating on air the rest of the day.

Great job, Maryn!! Beam is my dd's nemesis event, too, so I understand your excitement!

WTG to your DD. Sounds like she had a great meet with alot of improvements. And way to go getting up there on beam and showing those big girls how its done..lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back