Parents Sectional Report... :) L7 - video added!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmom14

Proud Parent
The sectional meet makes me so nervous. You have one meet to get a 33 to make it to states. No second chance. My dd should have no problem qualifing, but I was so worried that she would have a disasterous day and not make it. I don't know why I obsess. What if she falls off the beam twice, goes over on the cast to handstand, doesn't make the giant etc. Anyway, you get the picture. Plus my dd has never been a good all round gymnast. Always a very low score on bars and good on the other 3 events, so that makes needing a certain AA score tricky.

Started on Beam- she does walkover handspring, (was not connected) full turn, 2 split jumps, leap, front walkover and tic toc backwalkover (connected) and front tuck dismount. A few wobbles and bobbles --8.9 3rd place!!!!

Floor- nice routine few steps out of the front handspring front layout and the front handspring front tuck. Over all very nice. 8.9. 4th Place!!

Vault- just changed where she runs from at the last practice. Looked good 8.7

Now here is where the miracle occurs. Bars! (of all things) Needs a 6.5 to qualify for states... She has really been improving with each meet. Had a lovely 6.1 in the beginning of the year. Usually a low 7 score.
Warm ups were rocky. Then the miracle....Two beautiful cast to handstands, high free hip, giant goes around with bent legs, high layout dismount. I was so excited. I know that is at least in the 7's. Score 8.7!!!! 3rd place on BARS!!!! Highest score she ever got on bars. (those of you with dd's that struggle with bars will know how big this was)

Anyway awards were so fun. Her teammates were going crazy (and us in the stands too) when she got the bars medal. Coaches were very proud. It was a very good day!

Wow this got long... thanks for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had to post that I *love* those momments! Had to giggle about those with DD's who struggle on bars....that would be us so I totally understand...sounds like an awesome day.

What a wondeful meet report and I LOVE her bars especially. WHat a triumph and what a great way to qualify to States.

What a wonderful day for your dd!! Give her an extra hug and big congrats not only on making it to states, but on that bar routine!!

Thanks for all the kind replies. DD was so excited to go to gymnastics last night. Everyone made a fuss over her. The rest of her group is done competing for the year and working new skills. Makes it tough to keep plugging along on routines. She did do her front ariel for the first time. It is nice when they are having so much fun!

Great job and congrats! I love the bars video...it is sooo obvious how happy she is!! LOVE to see that reaction from them...isn't it the best?!

With this performance, it wouldn't have been an issue to qualify for states. That is even if your worries had come true. Great work here. Good luck at the states.

Wow! Congrats to her on a great Sectional meet. Especially on bars, to finally hit everything and really rock! Success is so much sweeter when they have struggled, I think. She looked great! Lots of luck to her at States!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back