Sectionals tomorrow, fairies???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymjourneymom

Proud Parent
Hey CB family, My DD has sectionals tomorrow(1st session,ugh!). Those of you that have followed my(very loooong:eek:) post this season(thank you all by the way!), know DD has struggled with many mental blocks & fear issues. She's going into sectionals feeling pretty confident in her skills:). I'm soooo proud of her for working through her issues! She has actually had the most improvement in her gym skills, since she joined the school track team!!! I was afraid doing both would be too much for her...but she is thriving:D! DD's goals are just to qualify for states & do the best she can & have fun. So if there are any "do the best you can fairies" out there??? Can you send them our way please?;)

Hi GJM!!! I will gather up all the "Do Your Best", "Have Fun" and "You're Already Awesome!" fairies and send them your way!!!!!!!!! Good luck to her and I am sure she will do great!!!! I am so glad to hear that Track is a positive addition to her regime and actually helps out her gym! Cross-training can help in many ways!!!!!!!

good luck to your DD! its great that shes confident! i'm sure she will do well, and i wish that there was fairies, all though my team has "fairy dust" my coach got sparkles and put them in a fancy jar and we sprinkle it in our hair before every meet!

Sending you the "Giant" fairy, just because I love typing it! You can also have the sleep weel and be rested fairy. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, hope all goes well, she certainly deserves to have a great meet. Funny how the new sport is improving the old sport. Experts always say that cross-training is beneficial.

DD may be holding on to her fairies since she has states tomorrow at 8:00 am, but sending good luck wishes to your DD!!!

OHhhhhh!!!! Good luck to your dd, gjm!!! I have been waiting for your posts to tell us when her last couple of meets were coming. So glad you kept us informed.

She is going to do GREAT! We know she has had great success at the state level before, and w/ her confidence level being as high as it is right now, I think she is going to rock sectionals and definitely qualify for states! I just hope that coach of hers doesn't mess w/ her head too much in the process. ;)

Sounds like Track was the BEST thing that happened to her. Just to get her 'head' somewhere else, and have the success there, helps a lot, I am sure. So glad she is in a good spot right now. :D

Keep us posted! HUUUGGSSS!

Hey there CB family, we have great news to report!!!! DD, along with her entire team qualified for states!!! Their team also came in 1st place!!!! Best surprise of the day...DD's 9.475:eye-popping: on beam, earning her 1st place!!! Her highest beam score EVER!!!!! Beam is her nemesis, the event she struggles with the most fear issues!!! So you can imagine how sweet that win is!!!! She conquered the beam beast!!!Yeah!!!! She's in a great place mentally & that is always the key for her. Looking forward to states in May. Thanks for all of your support!:D

Holy huge beam score BATMAN!!!! That's such awesome nerws, as I said your DD really deserves tyhis, she has shown true grit when it comes to hard work in the gym. Wonderful that they all qualified and they came in 1st. Your DD must be floating on cloud nine right now. Very cool.

Oh my gosh!!! Tell her she ROCKS! Way to conquer all those issues she has had. Congrats to her AND her team!!!!!

That's so awesome! Tell her congrats! She has a lot to pbe proud of, as she has worked very hard this season. And how fun that her team got 1st! Woo-hoo!

Can't wait to see how she does at states. She's going to rock! :)

That is soooooo great to hear. She's a tough one for sure. I'm really happy she's getting her confidence back, and just in time. Maybe she just thought you needed a few grey hairs:D Looks like she's peaking at the perfect time. Good luck at states, I just know she's going to be happy and do her best.

Good luck to your dd! Keep us posted! :)

DD finished up well. She placed 2nd on bars, 1st on beam, tied for 3rd (had the higher AA) on floor, and finished 3rd AA. She was very happy and I'm proud. Two years at the same level can be tough when it's compulsory. She was really hoping for top 3 (she really wanted a trophy), and is happy to be the state beam champion - the event she struggled most with when first starting. Back to stength and conditioning at today practice . . .

DD finished up well. She placed 2nd on bars, 1st on beam, tied for 3rd (had the higher AA) on floor, and finished 3rd AA. She was very happy and I'm proud. Two years at the same level can be tough when it's compulsory. She was really hoping for top 3 (she really wanted a trophy), and is happy to be the state beam champion - the event she struggled most with when first starting. Back to stength and conditioning at today practice . . .

Congrats to your DD! How exciting to be a State Champ, especially on an event that has been tough for her. Great news! Hope you can share some vids :D!

Congrats to your DD! How exciting to be a State Champ, especially on an event that has been tough for her. Great news! Hope you can share some vids :D!

I didn't tape the state meet, didn't want to make her nervous. I have other meets taped, and one of these days I'll figure out what to do with it besides watch it on the camcorder!

Congratulations to your DD flippersmom!!! The beam fairies must have spread themselves around last weekend;)!!!! Your DD did great!!! Beam champ & 3rd AA at states is wonderful!!! She has much to be proud of!!!Way to go!!!:D

Thanks for all of your support of my DD CB family!!!DD is very proud of her beam performance! But as usual...not many(or any) "pats on the" back from her HC. His only response was... that her floor score should have been higher(9.25 isn't good enough:rolleyes:). Now her gym coaches are telling her she needs to quit track before states!!!! Her HC & floor coach think track is "wearing her out & making her tumbling less powerful". Her floor routine was very nice as usual. I think it was just a difference in judging. She's scored anywhere from 9.2-9.6 with her rountine this season & each time has looked pretty much the same. I just wonder why do her coaches always have to look at the negative side of things!!! No wonder the poor thing is always stressed out!!! She just got her best beam score EVER!!! If doing track is "negatively effecting her performance" then how do they explain her beam?!? Now she doesn't know what to do. She says they were both "pressuring her last night, to quit track". Why can't they just let her be happy??? Yes this is a crazy schedule she's keeping up. But she's doing it. She's happy, healthy, eating well. She hasn't missed any gym practices. She WAS in the most confident I'd seen her all year. Now she seemed so confused when I picked her up from gym last night. She's actually considering quitting track?!? I think they are messing with her head way too much!!!:(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back