WAG Security issue ... need to contact My Meet Scores

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

emorymom

Proud Parent
I very much need to contact My Meet Scores.

I have carefully protected my child's privacy by having her compete under her legal name while she is known in the world by a nickname (call name).

Unfortunately I just noticed that a former gym meet somehow inserted her nickname into her legal name and if that (wrong) name stands in the database, my efforts have all been for nothing.

There's no contact info. Please help! The name in the database is inaccurate as it is currently listed, stupidly as Firstname Nickname-Lastname, so it not only violates all my privacy efforts but just isn't a name. This is also a child under 13.

If this is a true personal security issue (custodial, stalking, etc), then you may be able to enlist the help of any lawyers, law enforcement you have been working with. If it is more an issue of you wanting to keep your child's name private without a specific legal reason, then I would start with your gym owner and ask if they can contact the meet director of that meet. I believe the meet directors (or the scoring companies is one was used) send them to that site.

How did the meet get that name? Usually it is from your own gym filling out the forms so I would be sure whoever is responsible is aware of your need for just her legal name.

Going forward, clarify with gyms the name you want your child to registered under.

Good luck with straightening out past stuff.

Oh I am so sorry you are going through this, and I am sure you are beyond stressed. I hope it gets sorted out quickly before those you don't want seeing it come across it. Privacy (especially with scary situations) is huge.

webmaster@mymeetscores.com is what a friend just told me she used. Wish me luck.
Were you able to solve your problem? I agree with the other poster. You should touch base with your gym so they know what name to register her under. We have a few girls with nicknames (generally shortened versions of their legal name) and some meets have one name, some another, listed on the rotation sheet. The meets use the name the gym writes on the registration sheet.

Curious, though, if you have her competing under her legal name and that is how she is typically registered, but she is known to all by a nickname, how is she being protected, since it is her legal name?

A friend has a situation where, due to a DCF issue, their child must be registered for school under the legal name, however she goes by a different name at school. Tough situations. But unless everyone involved (gym/school etc) knows your reasoning, it might not be possible to continue without a slip up.

She's being protected because outside of her teams and family, people do not know her legal name, so they would not know how to use the internet to figure out where she is.

I have just not been paying attention. I will try to get this resolved before she turns 13 :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back