Parents Series of unfortunate events

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dd's shoulder has been hurting for a few weeks now and she is not able to do any tumbling or bars.We been to the Ortho and waiting for the MRI now.
Had some problems with that shoulder last year but it went away after some time of rest.
Well coaches decided to have her practice a gainer layout on beam since she can not practice her bhs layout stepout.She caught on to it pretty quick and tried it on the highbeam on Wednesday.She made it 3 times but crashed twice.Hurt her foot on the last one.Came home limping.Then the poor thing went out in the backyard and got stung in the same foot by a wasp.
The sting was so nasty it formed a bruise.
Well a couple days later now her foot feels better although not 100% and she did a couple gainer layouts in practice today.
Time to get the bubblewrap out.

Oh my it is so hard to watch sometimes. I totally hear you on the injury chain reaction, somtimes one thing just leads to another.

Sending the healing fairies over your way!

I was thinking get the bubblewrap out until I read your last sentence. Poor kid is just having a terrible few weeks. Their shoulders really do take alot of stress especially at L9 and up working bars, vaulting and tumbling. Hope its nothing more than some inflamation which would resolve with some rest, medication and PT.

Reading about the foot injury and then the wasp sting, I thought this kid can't win, but how cool to work on a new skill on beam!!!

Funny, one of gymmie's coaches said she needed to have a helmet and bubblewrap! She seems to attract weird injuries in/out of the gym. Latest was a swollen/bruised pinky finger from whacking it on something while at a friend's house. Limited her bar work for a couple of days.

Clean mri results fairy being sent your way.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back