Parents Seriously considering Xcel

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Update. DD starter at her new gym today. She was so excited that she made her list of "gymnastics goals" which included the skills she wants to get this year, and where she wants to go to college (she's 8, mind you) and a pretty awesome drawing of all the gym apparatuses. She gave it to her new coach at the start of practice today and he gave her a big high 5, told her it was the coolest thing ever. Then he took it over to the head coach to show it off.
It makes me so happy to see her so happy, she misses her old teammates, but I have to constantly remind her that many of them have switched to new gyms too, so she wouldn't have had many friends at old gym anyway.
When she walked thru the doors today, the other girls on the team remembered her from her trial a few weeks ago, were excited to see her, and gushed about how much they liked her leo. This seems like so much more of a happy atmosphere all around, and I know she's going to get the coaching focus she deserves. I can't wait to pick her up and see how practice went today!

That is awesome! So glad to hear it's going well. Hope that old gym took the news ok and there were no "autopsies" of any kind. LOL!

You're not out of line at all :) and you're not wrong....our optionals usually sweep all over the place, and L3 has done ok this year at other meets, usually placing in the top 3 for team scores. There is focus on compulsories; it's just a different type of focus I guess. Our gyms overall goal is to produce collegiate and elite gymnasts, not level 3 state champions. While there is a lot of pressure on everyone in every level making state, in compusories it's not looked at making it into a huge deal to WIN state.
Are the scores posted somewhere? I'm interested to see them and haven't been able to find them anywhere yet.

Just curious -what is the minimum score needed to qualify for level 3 states in your state? I know this differs from state to state.

So she's done with her first week at the new gym and she LOVES it. The difference in environment alone is simply amazing. They're so positive and encouraging all the time, give the kids high fives at the end of every practice, and have great communication with the parents....and they still work those girls HARD. DD has already improved on all her skills (from what I hear) and she's uptraining like crazy.
So happy we made this switch. Old gym couldn't care less that we left, and I ain't even mad about it. LOTS of families left old gym at the end of season as well, making me feel just that much more content with this choice.
DD is so happy, leaves practice in smiles instead of tears, she's excited for what's to come, and she gets to get her grips on Tuesday which she's more excited about than anything I've ever seen lol.

So so so happy. And thanks to all here on CB who have provided their suggestions, support and insight!

So she's done with her first week at the new gym and she LOVES it. The difference in environment alone is simply amazing. They're so positive and encouraging all the time, give the kids high fives at the end of every practice, and have great communication with the parents....and they still work those girls HARD. DD has already improved on all her skills (from what I hear) and she's uptraining like crazy.
So happy we made this switch. Old gym couldn't care less that we left, and I ain't even mad about it. LOTS of families left old gym at the end of season as well, making me feel just that much more content with this choice.
DD is so happy, leaves practice in smiles instead of tears, she's excited for what's to come, and she gets to get her grips on Tuesday which she's more excited about than anything I've ever seen lol.

So so so happy. And thanks to all here on CB who have provided their suggestions, support and insight!
Awesome update!! Congrats!!!! It's so good to see them happy!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back