Setback... :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well, tuesday at gym, i was doing doublebacks off the rod floor into the resi, which i am capable of and have been doing them for a while. Well, i have this minor problem of kicking out early, and apparently this time i kicked out a little earlier than usual. All i remember is my back cracking in a million places and not being able to breathe. Both not good things. One coach who saw it came running, and two other coaches heard what had happened and came running. The said i landed scorpion style. (by the way, don't try it. it hurts) Well, tuesday morning, i would have told you its not possible to land like that, but now i know better. Not sure how its really possible to land like that but whatever. Well, as soon as my back relaxed and i realized i didn't quite die, i got back up and it didn't hurt too bad so i went back in line and did another double back (with spot this time) and a couple double fulls. Well, by that night my back was hurting kinda bad. And then it continued to hurt kinda bad so yesterday we decided to get it checked out a little. We went to this physical therapist guy just down the road to see what his opinion was and he said that its probably just sprained. Good i guess, but i really need to compete next weekend... so yeah. A couple prayers couldn't hurt right now... :(

That sounds really painful! I am so sorry! It is good that it is only sprained, but i know that even that must hurt a lot, too! I hope you have speedy recovery so that you can compete next weekend!

you said "scorpion". remember, the meet next week is not your last. you'll have plenty of future meets. if you still 'hurt' next week, maybe you need to reconsider whether you should compete and risk a further problem. and be honest with your coach.

i hope you get better soon i couldn't compete at a meet that i really wanted to be in because i brused my tail bone and i have done it before so but i hope you feel well enough to compete :)

i hope you feel better! remeber next time dont open so early! i did that at woodward in the pit i went double front full out sorpion in the pit.it hurt! i hope you get to compete in your meet next week!!! :0

I'm with Dunno! Next weeks meet won't be the last. Take the the time your body needs to heal.

Oh my. That sounds like it hurts. Hope your back feels better soon.

Ouch. I would take it easy as well. I know people who dealt with recurring back injuries and at some point it was really difficult for them to continue...because with that kind of injury there is really not much you can do in training...very limited in every event, can't do full sets or full sets without dismounts, etc. So it's tough. I would be really careful with back injuries because of that. I hope it works out.

well, its been just over a week, and its not really any better. Because i have or i should say had a meet this weekend that i was going to try to pass level 9 so i could be a level 10 for florida... anyways i was going through the pain to try some bars and stuff... but well... i decided that since i won't gain anything from this meet unless i do all around, that i am just not going to push myself to compete. :( So, i went back to this physical therapist guy and he gave a doctor recommendation to go see so that we can get x rays and make sure its nothing worse than a sprain. So i called this one place and nobody answered and yeah, so i'm kinda not very happy but anyways, i'm really hoping that it will get better and soon! i have a big meet in 3 weeks and i need to be really prepared! Stupid injuries... :mad:

Go very easy. You don't mess around with back injuries. Get it checked out ASAP and stay off it until a doctor tells you otherwise.

wow. i hurt my back recently too.. i was tumbling and forgot what i was doing midair and landed on my neck. (the position in the middle of a backward roll) it's still giving me problems 3 weeks later /: i finally was able to do some back hand springs on beam last night, but the walkovers are what kill me. but i can do everything else fine!! except for backbends during stretch.
but i will definitely pray for you! hope you get to feeling better!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I'm finally getting a little improvement. I can do everything on bars now (staying a little more hollow than usual) with not a ton of pain. I really need it to be getting better faster because we are going to the Sanddollar meet in florida in... about a week! If anyone has any ideas for faster recovery, i'm open to options!
Please continue praying for me!

I'm praying that your back feels better asap. If it doesn't, I pray that you are honest with yourself, your coach, and your parents and that you all come to a decision that is best for you in the long run. Keep repeating Jer. 29:11 throughout all of this!

I went back to the chiropractor/doctor dude today and he said that i can compete everything next friday!! I'm just not supposed to do a lot before then. But thats ok, its just level 9 anyways. He adjusted me again and i can bend back waaaaay farther without any sharp pinching pain stuff. its still sore and whatever but its way better. I think our prayers are being answered!!!:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back