WAG Severs duration?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Coming up on a year on and off (mostly on). Have tried xbrace, massage, nsaids, and taping. Nothing makes a significant difference.
We have done all of those as well including casting for 4 weeks, boot for 2 weeks, ice baths (which she hates and didn’t tolerate well, acupuncture and cheetah cups. I will say the best thing that was recommended to us and that we have seen the best relief and prevention has been wearing chaaco sandles. They are the best! We also put hard orthotic insoles in her other shoes. I hope this helps. I know severs is very painful and frustrating.

Thanks. Physical therapist was helpful with ultrasound, massage and identification of some muscle strength imbalances. Gave my daughter exercises. I have an X-ray scheduled so we can get some answers about amount of growth left. She’s older so I am hoping not much more! I’d love her to be tall but I don’t want her in pain.

Has anyone had any relief from using OSCON? We have done pretty much tried everything to help the pain over the last 2 years. This is kind of a last resort!

Has anyone had any relief from using OSCON? We have done pretty much tried everything to help the pain over the last 2 years. This is kind of a last resort!
We have tried selenium and brazilian nuts (I don't remember why), but it didn't work.

We have done all of those as well including casting for 4 weeks, boot for 2 weeks, ice baths (which she hates and didn’t tolerate well, acupuncture and cheetah cups. I will say the best thing that was recommended to us and that we have seen the best relief and prevention has been wearing chaaco sandles. They are the best! We also put hard orthotic insoles in her other shoes. I hope this helps. I know severs is very painful and frustrating.
Have you tried KT tape? I had Achilles tendon bursitis and tendonitis last year (different cause but essentially same pain/inflammation as severs) to the point where waking up in the morning it was painful just to put my feet flat on the ground. I started taping with KT tape and felt instant relief. Prior to this I was pretty skeptical Abt KT tape and thought it was more psychological than anything, but it really made a difference.

Have you tried KT tape? I had Achilles tendon bursitis and tendonitis last year (different cause but essentially same pain/inflammation as severs) to the point where waking up in the morning it was painful just to put my feet flat on the ground. I started taping with KT tape and felt instant relief. Prior to this I was pretty skeptical Abt KT tape and thought it was more psychological than anything, but it really made a difference.
Thank you! Good to know! We have not tried KT tape but will in the future

Just an update. It took about a month for the pain to go away and about 6 weeks before she felt okay practicing all events again. Physical therapy seemed to be the thing that helped the most and quality shoes and inserts. Thanks for all the advice. It was sure frustrating and set her back a bit; I hope we are done with flare-ups, so she can have fun and move forward again!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back