Parents ~Shameless State Brag~

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

:D

We went there and I told her this is the first time you've ever been to state to just go out there enjoy the moment and have a blast!

And she did!

Her scores were:

Floor ~ 9.275
Bars ~ 9.175
Beam ~ 9.40 :eek:
Vault 9.325

I admit I was worried about beam. She had fallen off at the previous 2 meets. I told her when the meet was over that "that's what happens when you stay on the beam" lol! We both cracked up over that.

It was a total shock when they called her name for 2nd place all around! Not because I didn't believe she could do it but because her event places were 3rd, 3rd, 4th and 5th. I guess she was just consitant and it paid off!

Momma is proud!!

She's training for L5 this summer but they won't make a final decision until the end of summer. She has her beam cw off and on, her BHS BHs on floor, close to having her FHS and she has her squat on on bars and is a flick of the wrist away from having her kip so I think with a summer's training under her belt she'll have them down.

*crosses fingers*

[youtube]hs55Hkv_c0o[/youtube]

Great job Pixie! You did fabulous, 2nd AA is fantastic. Can't wait to see what the next season brings

She did wonderful! I am sure she will end up getting all those skills for level 5 by the end of summer and will do beautifully at level 5! Congrats to her! :)

WOW! What great scores...especially that beam! She did awesome!! I'm sure she will have a great summer getting all of those L5 skills perfected!! Congrats!!

SHE LOOKS FABULOUS!!! She deserved every score she got!! WTG

She is sooooo ready for the next level.

Congratulations! :) What great scores across the board!!!!!! She should be very proud of herself! I hope she enjoys the summer learning new skills. Good luck in her quest for L5. I'm sure she will be there by fall!

Thank you all for the sweet replies. It's been quite a season, let me tell ya!

Gymnastics has been such a blessing, for Pixie, by helping her break out of her shell. She is painfully shy. She was one of those kids who clung onto and hid behind my legs when anyone would talk to her. She still has a hard time talking to people. But for some odd reason she just LOVES getting out there, in front of a crowd, and competing in gymnastics.

It boggles my mind, lol!

She had so much fun this season and is really looking forward to L5. She is just now getting back to gymnastics after hurting her wrist. She was doing a BHS and tweaked it, somehow. She said something popped and the next day it was swollen. So, we thought it was broken. Took her in for an xray and there weren't any fractures, thankfully. The doc put her in a splint for 10 days. She's doing much better and has returned to working on the L5 skills.

Here's to an injury free summer and season, for everyone! :D

Glad that her wrist is healing and that it wasn't broken. I hope she has fun training all summer and makes her goal to get what she needs for level 5! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back