WAG shawn johnson

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I love Shawn.

I was surprised she didn't win AA. I honestly thought she would, and I'm a huge Nastia fan. And when they were going into the beam rotation I thought she might not even get a medal.
I felt so sorry for her when Nastia was standing on the floor waving to everyone and she just stood there waiting to hug her.

I'm so glad she got beam gold, it would have been a total write off for her otherwise.

I love Shawn!!! She is my Fav. Gymnast!!!! I am glad she won a gold., and I think her and the rest of the team tried their hardest!!!

what do you think of shawn johnson?
did you like how she did in the olympics?
She's not really my favorite, but I think she's an amazing gymnast, and I love her gymnastics, but her personality tends to bore me a tad. Not to offend anyone--It's just my opinion.

I think she did the best she could in the Olympics, although, even though Nastia did not stick her dismount on beam (I'm aware that Shawn didn't either, and that she had a smaller step than Nast), I still thought Nastia's beam routine was better. Shawn had a few wobbles here and there, and Nastia was just dead on. To quote Elfi Schelgel(sp?) from the Olympic Trials, "She Dances On The Four Inches".

Again, just my opinion, if you want to like Shawn Johnson, go ahead..It isn't my duty to make anyone not like her. :)

She's a great gymnast, a sweet girl, I'm thrilled to pieces that the girls I coach have her to look up to as a positive role model...

and yet I don't prefer her gymnastics style. It's a valid way of doing things (though I'd like to see a bigger split), but it's not what takes my breath away.

She's not really my favorite, but I think she's an amazing gymnast, and I love her gymnastics, but her personality tends to bore me a tad. Not to offend anyone--It's just my opinion.

I think she did the best she could in the Olympics, although, even though Nastia did not stick her dismount on beam (I'm aware that Shawn didn't either, and that she had a smaller step than Nast), I still thought Nastia's beam routine was better. Shawn had a few wobbles here and there, and Nastia was just dead on. To quote Elfi Schelgel(sp?) from the Olympic Trials, "She Dances On The Four Inches".

Again, just my opinion, if you want to like Shawn Johnson, go ahead..It isn't my duty to make anyone not like her. :)

so i wasn't the only one who noticed those wobbles!
i thought nastia's beam was amazingly amazing, and shawn's was good (not the best iv seen her do, i noticed the "balance checks")
but im still glad shawn got a gold at the olympics so im not complaining. plus doesn't shawn have a higher start value than nastia on beam?

plus doesn't shawn have a higher start value than nastia on beam?

Yes, Nastia is 6.7 and Shawn is 7.0 if I remember correctly. For Shawn, the balance check on the standing back full alone was definitely 0.3 (at least), and she had a couple of other wobbles too.

I like Shawn and Nastia both. I definitely thought Nastia's beam routine was better at the olympics but after she won AA i just think shes so amazing. haha

But from all the hours she trains, she should have it down pat, and she had nailed it in previous meets in the Olympics before Beam EF. (AA finals, Team Finals, etc.)

yeah.. but she only trains 4.5 hours a day. for 6 days a week you guys got to membr that.
i train more hours then her a week. soo.. thats not really telling you much since im only p5 and level 8 in american.

I love Shawn and Nastia and the whole US team at the Olympics but I think Shawn got ripped off, so did Nastia with bar event finals. But I think Shawn got the brunt of it. Shawn should not have come in second sooo many times. In my opinion I don't think the judges "liked" Shawn's style of gymnastics so they favored Nastia and other gymnast like her style. Comparing Nastia's and Shawn's gymnastics is like comparing apples and oranges....completely different. They are both very clean and do there routines extremely well but there styles are completely different. Judges do judge on their own preferred style of gymnastics regardless of what anyone says. But I don't think she should have gotten the results she recieved at the Olympics. Her results in previous competitions prove it to true that she knows how to compete and preform well and win; which she did not in last years Olympics.

I love Shawn. I think she is a great role model and a very good sport. When she did not win the AA or floor, she did not stop smiling. She hugged the winners and looked truly happy to take her silver medals! IMO how a person handles not being number 1 is a big measure of character. Shawn also proves that you don't have to be twig thin to be an elite gymnast. It really made my daughter much more confident to see a girl with big muscles win a gold on beam! Nastia takes my breath away with her grace, but Shawn amazes me with her power!

I like Shawn. She's not favorite though- I like Nastia better, partly because she's tall for a gymnast. I like her style better too. :)

I think she did well and got what she deserved. I think almost everyone got what they deserved except for a couple of times, for example when Nastia tied with the chinese gymnast.

But from all the hours she trains, she should have it down pat, and she had nailed it in previous meets in the Olympics before Beam EF. (AA finals, Team Finals, etc.)

You also have to remember though, have you actually ever seen anyone land a standing full with their chest up? I haven't, I've seen one on the tramp, but even going through all the youtube videos possible, I have never seen any gymnast land it fully standing up. Some people might get close, but that's a very hard skill to land even a little bent over.

I love Shawn, and I really wanted to win. Now, I'm happy that Nastia won too, she had a lot of dedication to the sport and she brought some new dance qualities in. I really wanted Shawn to win though. Sure, she should have made some full splits, and things like that, but I do think the judges were a bit harsh with her. I love her sparkle and her shine, and how she always looks like she's having a blast. The skills Shawn were pulling were also very difficult, I mean look at her vault and bars dismount. I also agree with ky7403 about how Shawn and Nastia are completely different.

And I agree with I-Heart-Beam I felt horrible when she was on the floor waiting for Nastia, and yet she has an amazing attitude.

Nastia delivered when it counted no one can deny that Nastia hit solid 4 for 4 on the night she won all around.

I was glad to see her come out on top, I believe she deserved it and was even defending her winning when everyone seemed to be going through there pre-olympic shawn craze. I just had a feeling she would come through. ANYWAY

I do however think that Shawn should have won floor, she had an amazing routine her tumbling is powerful and clean. But I do believe Nastia had a better beam, regardless of start values.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back