WAG Shawn johnson

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yeah I heard that too. I was kinda suprised! I thought she was going into college cheerleading. I wounder how long its going to take her to get back into elite competitiion form!

Somewhat surprised but she's still young and since she gave up NCAA eligibility, I figured it wasn't out of the question. Good for her.

Yeah I heard that too. I was kinda suprised! I thought she was going into college cheerleading. I wounder how long its going to take her to get back into elite competitiion form!

Actually she still holds her own with all the girls in the gym. Before she got hurt she used to come in and practice sometimes with the team and she still has it. She is still the strongest one on the team. Couldn't believe how well she was doing with all the time she has had off.

Our family is so glad that she is going back. We look forward to watching her.

It made me so happy when I heard this! Can't wait to see how she will have changed as a gymnast now that she's not so much the "cutsie young one".

Actually she still holds her own with all the girls in the gym. Before she got hurt she used to come in and practice sometimes with the team and she still has it. She is still the strongest one on the team. Couldn't believe how well she was doing with all the time she has had off.
her.

That's great to hear.

For me it was really unexpected. I was just starting to get used to the idea that she was probably going to retire, and then i heard the news!

Super happy for her! I bet it's going to hard, but i really hope she does get back to a top international elite competitor by 2012.

I'm utterly shocked, honestly.

I'd love to see her make it back to her peak, though. She's definitely among my favorite female gymnasts to watch.

The question is whether she can keep up with Jordyn Wieber.

Yay Shawn! She is my DD's favorite and she will be so glad that she is going to compete again!:)

I'm so glad that she is back! I know that she tore her ACL skiing with her family, but she said she will be back in the gym training in 2 more months, I believe. I could be wrong, though! I thought she had retired, so this is definatly a shock to me!! I can't wait to see her back in competition, but yes, having to keep up with Jordyn and Rebecca could be a stuggle for her!

AHHHHHHHH I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is one of my two favourite gymnasts and I can't wait to see her back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I <3 the girl so much! Not only is she one of the most talented gymnasts in the sport but she also is a huge supported of AS cheer. She was at Cheersport this season and helped lead the Flash Mob dance. My dd got her practice wear and saw that it is all GK designed by Shawn!
There was rumor last year that she was going to try out for CA Bullets w/ Kiara Nowlin (could you imagine two Olympic caliber athletes on a cheer floor :eek:). But I'm glad she is going to London!

WORST.NEWS.EVER.

If she comes back she better toss the (incomplete) amanar, work her flexibility, and work her bars.

Just a note to our newer members, the Chalkbucket is not the kind of place where we rip gymnasts apart. Support is more our style.

Try WWGYM or GGMB for more nitty gritty elite gym talk.

Just a note to our newer members, the Chalkbucket is not the kind of place where we rip gymnasts apart. Support is more our style.

Try WWGYM or GGMB for more nitty gritty elite gym talk.

That is NOT ripping Shawn apart, it's explaining the truth.

Her amanar is incomplete, she'd be better with a different vault. Her bars need work and she needs to work her flexibility. Believe me, there are hundreds of specifics I could go into with SJ, but I explained what she needed to work on/change.

WORST.NEWS.EVER.

If she comes back she better toss the (incomplete) amanar, work her flexibility, and work her bars.

very astute. so tell me, how far did you go in gymnastics?;)

That is NOT ripping Shawn apart, it's explaining the truth.

Her amanar is incomplete, she'd be better with a different vault. Her bars need work and she needs to work her flexibility. Believe me, there are hundreds of specifics I could go into with SJ, but I explained what she needed to work on/change.

This may well be, but you need to find a more constructive way to discuss issues here. She is somebody's child and we try not to be destructive in our comments here. Remember that we do have members is the 13 and up age group.

The technical discussion is just fine, assuming you are qualified.:cool:

Worst news ever is not our style.thx

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back