WAG Shawn johnson

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

very astute. so tell me, how far did you go in gymnastics?;)

Oh, how I love this response. It's the general response of a general gymnastics 'fan' who really knows nothing about the sport.

I can, happily, tell you that I have made two nation championships. :)

Oh, how I love this response. It's the general response of a general gymnastics 'fan' who really knows nothing about the sport.

Well I can tell you that Dunno is a coach who has trained people at your level of gymnastics, and beyond. That's all I'm saying, but he's no general gym fan!:cool:

Well I can tell you that Dunno is a coach who has trained people at your level of gymnastics, and beyond. That's all I'm saying, but he's no general gym fan!:cool:

99% of the people who say:

'How far did YOU get in gymnasts?' when discussing a certain gymnast is usually a person who is somewhat blinded by said gymnast and fails to understand their faults. Or, just fails to acknowledge them.

well, it is true that i have been a fan of gymnastics since 1964. usually, someone that has been to a national championship is humbled my the mere landscape that one has to compete against. in that humility, the athlete/student usually observes and appreciates the gifts of other athletes that are plying their wares and efforts just like themselves. i hope that this experience did not pass you by on your way to those championship meets. having gone thru that process and all those athlete friendships involved in the same process should not be lost on anyone.

now then, what kind of tutorial would you like from me in regards to gymnastics? i can make an educated guess that i am probably as old as, if not older than, your grandparents. i have 3 grown up children. have owned and operated 3 gyms for over 30 years. i opened my 1st gym when you were probably not even a thought in your mom and dad's mind. and the most recent "real deal" was having a boy and girl at olympic trials in 08. neither made it but it was fun as an ocean breeze after a hot day. and it was not our 1st championship competition. i won't get started on level 10 men and women.

so then, respect the sport and the athletes in it and have a nice day.:)

p.s. and you didn't mention what 2 (you typed "nation"? meaning european??) national championships you competed at or for whom. many levels of gymnastics co-exist in our sport. could be high school, could be ncaa, could be JO, could be aau, could be ymca, could be usaigc, could be special olympics or even classics and championships of the USA at the elite level. so then, the humility is found in the hard work and determination in ALL of the athletes in each of these levels. and there is not a perfect one in them. that goes for here in the USA and abroad in their respective national championship competitions.;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow! Are you always so confrontational and arrogant sounding? I get the impression that you are pretty full of yourself and not willing to accept that anyone else on this board could possibly have more knowledge of the sport than you do. Just my impression from your confrontational style of writing - I would love to be wrong, but 1st impressions are hard to break. I would think being a new member here that you would get the lay of the land (which is a supportive enviroment, not a bashing site) before spouting the the I know way more than any of you could possibly ever hope to know rhetoric. If you really were in 2 Nation Championships (whichever ones you're referring to) that is an awesome accomplishment and congrats to you on your hard work, showing some humility to go along with it is the sign of a true champion though? How bout you tone it down and play nice or find a site that fits your style more handily.

That is NOT ripping Shawn apart, it's explaining the truth.

Her amanar is incomplete, she'd be better with a different vault. Her bars need work and she needs to work her flexibility. Believe me, there are hundreds of specifics I could go into with SJ, but I explained what she needed to work on/change.

So I guess getting a medal Olympics was because she's cute?

So I guess getting a medal Olympics was because she's cute?

No, Blackie6, that's how she got all FOUR of her Olympic medals ;) I mean, she ONLY had to defeat 97 other gymnasts, the highest caliber gymnasts, from around the world for that gold medal on beam. :rolleyes:

Good for her! I've seen some of her training videos and she's doing pretty well! But, I don't think she can be one of the top gymnasts again. She has Wieber, Bross,Mustafina, Komova, Porgras, and some up and coming Chinese gymnasts to fight off. Also, SHawn was very good on vault and beam, and with aSac back, I just don't know.Same with Liukin, because I hear she's back to training too!:D

I'm utterly shocked, honestly.

I'd love to see her make it back to her peak, though. She's definitely among my favorite female gymnasts to watch.

The question is whether she can keep up with Jordyn Wieber.
Didn't Jordyn have some problems at the 2010 meet with her ankles? any one heard anything about that... sorry if I am not up to date.

she had problems with her ankle at the visa championships, i think she fell and hurt her ankle during warmups, they were taped up heavily when she went on beam. i think shes doing okay, not sure about her ankle injury status though.

yes, i do coacharella. nice to meet you! and fyi for everyone, jordi's ankles are fine now.

dunno - nice to meet you too. I have been lurking in this forum for a while now and for some reason I always thought you coach in Canada.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back