Shawn Johnson

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

She did not quit, and she is coming back. She hurt her knee skiing with her family, but as soon as that injury heals and everything, she will get back to training full-force. She is going to try to go for the 2012 Olympics, if I am correct.

She is back at the gym training. She has been back for a while now. Just going slowly because of her knee but she is back at the gym and training for London.

Last edited:
This was posted today on USA today.

Olympian Shawn Johnson is back on the mat. And the balance beam. And the uneven bars.
The Dancing With the Stars champ tells USA TODAY's Mike Snider, "I'm back in training and getting ready for 2012. That is about all I'm doing these days."

Part of her training includes nursing her hurt knee. She tore her ACL in January while on a ski trip in Colorado for her 18th birthday and had surgery on Feb. 16. "I'm actually getting there. One more month of rehab and I should be on my way back to everything. (The pain) is still there, so I have to take it slow."
But one thing that's making her feel a little better is the fact that last week Robert O'Ryan was found guilty of stalking Johnson and was sent to a mental hospital for five years. There isn't much Johnson wanted to say about it except, "I'm happy it's over."

(Can I just say that I am so, so happy to see someone her age dressed age-appropriately? Even if the makeup is overdone?)

So glad she'll be in London! At least there will be one person I'm familiar with there. :) (I know the names of Shayla Worley, Rebecca Bross, and a few others, but I couldn't tell you about their strengths or anything).

(Can I just say that I am so, so happy to see someone her age dressed age-appropriately? Even if the makeup is overdone?)

So glad she'll be in London! At least there will be one person I'm familiar with there. :) (I know the names of Shayla Worley, Rebecca Bross, and a few others, but I couldn't tell you about their strengths or anything).

The only thing about this is that She's not guaranteed a spot to London to compete. She has to still try out like all the other girls. Now if she doesn't make she still might go to watch but hoping she makes it as she has a long road of training ahead of her.

Yes; she was there to train, not to coach. (though the poor girl seemed a bit overwhelmed by all the attention she was getting)

It's that way at Chow's also. LOL. I bet they can't wait for the new building to be up so she can have some privacy. Chow is building a new building right next to each other and it opens in October.

I'm following Olivia Reeve (a young GB gymnast) on twitter and by the sounds of it she is training at Chows over the summer and she said this this the other day:

"wow what a day did conditioning with shawn johnson today, it was like a dream come true!!! thanks dad your the best xxxxxx <3 <3 <3"
and
"Shawn Johnson and me on the same beam together doing preps, wake up cos this must be me just dreaming? Oh.. dad said no cos he filmed it lol"

I'm following Olivia Reeve (a young GB gymnast) on twitter and by the sounds of it she is training at Chows over the summer and she said this this the other day:

"wow what a day did conditioning with shawn johnson today, it was like a dream come true!!! thanks dad your the best xxxxxx <3 <3 <3"
and
"Shawn Johnson and me on the same beam together doing preps, wake up cos this must be me just dreaming? Oh.. dad said no cos he filmed it lol"

Not familiar with that name I know that Shawn was at woodward and has been training all over. That's awesome that she got to train with Shawn and be on the beam with her. That is awesome.

Not familiar with that name I know that Shawn was at woodward and has been training all over. That's awesome that she got to train with Shawn and be on the beam with her. That is awesome.

Olivia is a 12 yr old Elite British Gymnast (Espoir level). She trains at Tolworth with Rochelle Douglas. There are a few vids of her on youtube :) She is hoping to make the 2016 olympics.

I also follow her on twitter. The other day she told us she trained a full in back out which is pretty amazing for her age and level!

Just thought I would post a quick update this is what Shawn wrote on her twitter within the last couple of days.

OH & for all of u gymnastics fans out there... Progressing in training! Caught my yaeger & gienger today! Working on some crazy NEW things!

I hope her comeback works out well. Now if Nastia would just try for 2012 I'd be happy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back