Shawn on Dancing W/the Stars

• Thread starter peace.love.gymnast
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

P

peace.love.gymnast

Did anyone watch Dancing with the Stars? I don't usually like that show, but I watched b/c Shawn Johnson was on there. She did a really good job with her dance. I think I'll tune in as long as she's on there:)

Shawn Did a Nice Job

I don't usually watch either....I thought Shawn did a good job. I think she will really improve over the next several weeks and be there at the finish.

Just saw on a show in Iowa last night that Shawn has a WallStar out....it is pretty cool. I had kept checking the Fathead website for something like this. Here is the link if you want to check it out.

Shawn Johnson REAL BIG WallStars Limited Edition Graphics - Series 1 |

I think that shawn did a great job.
I'm glad that she got a good partner. He was a past champion so he knows how the show works and stuff. They looked like they were having fun together which is good for her. After training so hard for so long, i'm glad she's having a chance to just have fun. I think she definitely has a chance and winning, and i hope she does!
I disagree with her about how gymnastics didn't help her. It think it helped her way more than she's giving it credit for. In gymnastics you learn to be tight, point your toes, pretty fingers, be on with the music, be dramatic, and most of all it taught her to be coachable. In gymnastics, the coach tells you to fix your bent leg, and you do it. End of story. That has to has to be helping her. Dancing like that is definately different from gymastics, but i do think that her gymnastics has helped her.

Who knew Shawn was such a multi talented kid. She is such a wonderful role model for our kids. I was surprised to see how developed Shawn's pecks are, if you know what I mean. That got me thinking, do the older girls who are more developed wrap or wear special garments to combat this issue. I don't know but it would seem that that would get in the way of balance and other skills in gymnastics. I have not read or heard this so it may not effect things at all. As for Dancing with the Stars, I think Shawn is really the best dancer so far. She was beautiful out there and I really hope she wins. She is so sweet and if she wants it, she deserves it.

I admit, I didn't think she'd be very good, but she was!!! She is so sweet and funny, she seems such a nice person as well.

p.s. It is on on Thursday nights on Sky1 (I think) if anyone in the UK wants to watch the whole show.

I dont usually watch DWTS either,but I will this season for sure.To be honest,I didnt think that she'd be good.Not a lot of people are really good at two different sports,but she was really good! I'll keep watching it[and voting!] as long as she's on the show

I admit, I didn't think she'd be very good, but she was!!! She is so sweet and funny, she seems such a nice person as well.

p.s. It is on on Thursday nights on Sky1 (I think) if anyone in the UK wants to watch the whole show.

yay! i'm going to have to video it though i'm going to a competition on Fri so spend Thursday getting the grubby ponies ready to go :eek:

I admit I'm another one who didn't know how well Shawn would do on DWTS. I didn't think she would be bad, I thought she would be OK, but after watching last night I definitely think she has the chance to win! She did amazing and I loved watching her.
I also agree with gymnafreak that it seems like her gymnastics has definitely helped her, but i do think it was noticable in her dancing that she is a gymnast. Maybe it's just me but one part of her dance looked like part of her floor routine haha.

overall she did amazing!

...and i must add that melissa from the bachelor did awesome as well (lol, I love her)

I do not watch Dancing with the Stars, but I am going to this season because I really like the cast (most notably Shawn). Unfortunately, I did not get to watch last night's episode, but I just saw the video of her dancing on Youtube. I thought she did a pretty good job.

There are definitely both pros and cons with the relationship between gymnastics and dancing. A pro could be the good form that she has been trained basically all her life, where as a con would be the fact that she doesn't show emotion (like mentioned in the preview).

But, I look forward to seeing her dance more often and hopefully winning!

I thought she did a pretty good job, and I was really excited to watch her. I think she and her partner got the second highest score of the night!:) I hope she makes it far and it would be awesome if she ends up winning! My brother and I used all of our votes on her!:D

Who knew Shawn was such a multi talented kid. She is such a wonderful role model for our kids. I was surprised to see how developed Shawn's pecks are, if you know what I mean. That got me thinking, do the older girls who are more developed wrap or wear special garments to combat this issue. I don't know but it would seem that that would get in the way of balance and other skills in gymnastics. I have not read or heard this so it may not effect things at all. As for Dancing with the Stars, I think Shawn is really the best dancer so far. She was beautiful out there and I really hope she wins. She is so sweet and if she wants it, she deserves it.

Yes there's lot of garments or garment layering that can be done to smoosh the chest. Personally it was more of a comfort thing. Hips and chest can change a gymnasts center of gravity, and many a dancer has a mock hatred of her partner due to a guys ability to turn FOREVER due to anatomy. I thought Shawn was great too, and yes I noticed what you did I won't lie!

I don't usually watch DWTS but I am this season. Shawn was great the other night. I will be rooting her on I hope she makes it until the end.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back