Shayla out

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

R

Region8coach

Looks like Shayla is done. Injured herself warming up for final "meet" at camp today and was taken to the hospital on crutches.

I read that too. I kind of thought her injuries might overtake her, but still would have liked to see her at least make alternate.

It's a real shame, though I suspect she wouldn't have made it anyway (though she could easily have been chosen as an alternate).

It's gotta hurt, though, to come that close and then get injured.

Chelsie Memmel also injured her upper back on floor. Even Bela was working on her massaging her back etc. She didn't vault and the blog hasn't reported on her bar routine yet although did note she was stretching and looked to be attempting bars. Apparently Sloan is having a really good meet after 2 events.

ahhh I really want Chellsie to go! I hope her back gets better! I've been cheering her on since her comeback... I'll have to keep checking back on the nbc olympic website for more. Feel bad for Shalya too, I don't think she would've made it either, with her injuries..

Aha! So I'm not the only one constantly hitting 'refresh'. :p At least I'm not as bad today as I was during the women's pole vault finals at their trials.

Haha! I read the newest issue of Time during the wait. I'm glad Chellsie could compete beam! Reading all the commentary just makes me want to know the team even more, though, at that will not come until tomorrow night! ugh -agony

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha me too! I'm glad Chellsie did beam, and it was a pretty good score too! Ugh, I can't wait till they annouce the team!!!! :p

This is devastating for Shayla, I feel terrible for her. I think Chellsie will be fine, she would be in Beijing regardless though, unless she was in a walking cast or something. I am incredibly happy for Bridget as well & Mattie with the # 2 floor score. Great job to the girls and hopefully tomorrows 2 events go really well! I am betting on seeing a lot of bar routines!

Poor Shayla !!!! I can't imagine getting that close to your dream and breaking a leg like that. Now she will never know whether she would have made it or not. I still can't decide who I think should get the final spots.

I REALLY wanted Mattie Larson to become an alternate...but i guess the "trend" is just to wait until the next Olympics!!! I think that the girls who do come back stronger than ever and they are more prepared.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back