Shayla Worley Travel Donations

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok, legal mom weighing in here. The family cannot keep donations if Shayla doesn't make the Olympic team. Basically they created a contract for the specific reason of paying for the family to go to the Olympics. If that does not come about, they can't keep the money and use it for any other purpose---it must all be returned. Keeping the money could be considered fraud and since it was posted on the internet and people in many other states may read it and contribute, they could open themselves up to federal charges.

Hope her family is keeping very accurate records on what has been donated and by whom. Just returning the donations could be a headache.

I just tried the link today and it's no longer working....interesting....

I see a working class family, hard working gymnast that has overcome a long journey to get to this point. Spent thousands all ready for training, travel & I am certain many missed competitions. 60k is not such a ridiculous amount these days IMO, I have no issue with her trying to solicit the funds. I believe that we should all try to be there in one's time of need. If Shayla does not make it, hopefully they will put it toward a college fund, or maybe they will donate it. Either way, I figure every little bit helps... I wish them the best of luck, and hope the WHOLE family gets to be there:)

Ummm.... don't they own 2 houses??? I can barely afford my one little cape in a working class neighborhood. Had to cancel my vacation to Disney (ironically) because of the economy. I love trauma, but will probably be leaving the level 1 trauma center I work in to work in our sister hospital (no trauma) because it is closer to my house (less gas money). We've all got problems... If they want 6 PEOPLE to go then I say they sell the second house for at least $60k... Problem solved!

Sorry, it just seems to me like their Pim*ing their daughter out making her tape that video request. If the family needs money, why is Shayla asking??? Again, move the 2nd house.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back