Parents She did it!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Blackie6

Proud Parent
2nd meet, 30.5 just what she need to catch up to the rest of the team & go to the sectionals with them. It probably wasn't beautiful to judge, but to me the mom it was a gold medal performance!

She wasn't there for the whole meet, completed most of the events before it started since she was only there to qualify and was mixed in with L7 girls...they pushed her thru while the older girls were warming up. I didn't even realize she was being judged until after her vaults. My family got there just in time for the floor, LOL. She did good on bars, I tried to sit far away but she messed up something towards the end. Not knowing my gym "lingo" I believe it was a hip circle she said. And, on beam, it was OK, but she did "lock" eyes with me and fell off. Best, was floor. You have no idea how I have been agonizing over this one because of all the recent ROBHS landing on her head. She warmed up with 2, one time with the coach there to spot and the 2nd time by herself. It was good so during the floor the coach did not go out there with her. It was the BEST ROBHS I have ever seen her do! I cried & I am not kidding...I cried. She got a 7.8! I am so glad she finally got this score. 30.5, it means she is reunited with her team for the rest of the season. I don't care if this is the best score she gets all year, I don't care if she doesn't go to states, all I ever wanted was for her to be with her team...and this score does it. Being 6, the scores mean nothing compared to the experience of participating with your team. The medal they gave her really helped too, LOL!
V-8.8
Bars-6.6
beam-7.3
Floor-7.8
Total 30.5

awesome:) I know she will just continue to get better:) Those are great scores too. 7.8 on floor is really good and her vault score is awesome:)

What a very happy day! Congrats to your dd S... she has to be so proud of herself to go out there, being around the older girls (not even having her own teammates there for support) And STILL qualifying for sectionals & doing the best robhs at her meet too - she did Wonderful:D

Congratulations blackie6 - just read the good news!

I am so proud of your dd - nothing better than being with your team.

Are you doing Sectional on Nov. 3/4? Are you at Pumpkin Cup on Sunday?

Good luck!

:applause: How awesome for you and dd!! I know what you mean about crying at a meet, too. Last spring my dd, who was only 4 1/2 at the time, won the class meet for her age group. It was a pretty big deal. I bawled my eyes out. I don't know what I'll do this fall as she competes Level 4. :rolleyes:

Again, congrats to her for doing such a great job and for getting back with her team!

Congrats to your dd!!! What a nice day it must have been for her. She must be much happier going to practice knowing that she will be competing with her team for the rest of the season.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back