Parents She finally did it!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nettyinpa

Yes, my dd finally did not 1, not 2, but 3 ROBHS at practice last night!!!! :veryhappy: By herself, without a spot! It's about time, huh? I was so proud of her and I could tell she was very proud of herself, too. I just had to share. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
how exciting. DD just got her back handsprings by herself again last night. she had been unable to do them for awhile and now she is super excited. :) it really is a blast watching them work so hard and finally get something. that ROBHS is a huge skill for them to get and their first big skill on floor. yay for your DD!!!

Way to go! It is such a cool skill to get, like the kip, it feels like they are really doing gymnastics!!

Happy for her!:D:D:D

Yay! Congratulations to your DD! I was wondering how she was coming with that skill as I remember your worries about it right before her state meet. Good to hear she has finally got it!

Meg

Megley ~ everyone kept on saying "Oh, she'll get it by states." Well, states came and went and still no ROBHS. She didn't seem too upset about it, though. I knew she'd get it in time. We attended an open gym at our gym on Sunday. Typically it is extremely crowded. But not this weekend. She and her teammate got about an hour and a half of undivided attention from some Level 8 coaches who they just love. It was the best $15 I ever put into that gym!! I think that may have helped her confidence a bit. Now they're starting to learn Level 5 skills so it's the dreaded kip we're worried about now, as well as doing 2 backhand springs. But hey, I'm happy she's finally gotten the 1 down!:)

Netty, that is such great news! She has quite some time to get her double back handspring and I'm sure that now that she has the one, it won't be too difficult to get two. L is working on her kip and (I think) getting close. I keep hoping I will be able to post soon that she did it even though I know it will be months before it's anything like consistent.

Meg

Meg ~ there are a handful of girls that are so close to having their kip. I'm sure it will take months before they get it right. For some reason my dd is having trouble with the squat on the low bar. We have a bar at home and I may have her start to work on that a little. It is fun to see them progress!

Yes, it is a lot of fun when they get a new skill and it thrills them to no end and the kip is a biggie. Over half of our Level 4 team has their kips so L really wants to get hers too. The squat on has never been difficult for her - short legs I guess! I am sure your dd will get that soon.

Meg

my dd loves to work on her kips. She is still L3 - we are keeping our fingers crossed that she will go to L4 in May. She tries kips every chance she gets. But she has a while till she needs it. I know that is one thing I never got when I took gym as a kid. She does have ROBHSBHSBHS so that is covered :)

good luck to everyone who is trying new skills - which is probably everyone:D

Netty -

Fingers crossed on that squat on. That is one skill that I didnt think DD would EVER not fall on!

She still falls on them (Just doesnt get her chest over the bar) but at least she can do the Stupe circle now which is supposed to elimate the fall deduction. ( I still think that points are taken.. but that is just my opinion!)

Good luck!

CONGRATS to your DD Netty,

My DD has also finally moved past the landing on her head ROBHS and graduated to doing 2 on the floor and 3 on tumble track. The first time she did it on the floor I was in shock because I didn't know she could do one, she never mentioned it to me. I guess to them it's no biggie anymore, LOL

OK, what's the next skill we should worry about, LOL

Netty---congrats to your dd!!! I won't remind you that I told you it would happen after the season was over(ok--just did). Many times once the pressure is off, the skills just come and they keep coming. The timing of the gymnast getting a skill and doing it well doesn't always coincide with meet schedules.

Blakie--Next big skill is the kip on bars. It can drive some kids crazy and others just seem to "get it." Unlike the mill circle, it will be used at each level, so getting that skill really solid is important.

Maybe we ought to start a thread for Skills like we had for meets coming up. There will be lots of posts about new skills now that most have ended or are close to ending their seasons.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back