Parents She finally has a competition under her belt!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

After a knee injury in November and sitting out for 2 months.. only 3 weeks of practice..and she was finally able to compete in her first level 6 meet! It was really a great set-up for her first meet of the season. It was a very small meet..and basically an intra-squad..there was only one other girl in her age group plus her 3 teammates. I had a private wish that she would just hit an 8.0 on each event..she ALMOST did it! She started on bars with an 8.25, went to beam for a 7.0 (really botched the dismount), floor was an 8.0, and vault was an 8.0. She ended up 3rd in her group AA. She hit all of her big skills but her form is really lacking right now..she was bent knees and toes all over the place. All things considered, I'm very pleased with how she did. I hope that now she is back to skill level that she can pay more attention to details. She had an absolute blast and can't wait to compete again. As an added bonus, we got to stay with some family in the area all weekend to visit! So..a very positive experience for everyone involved. Her next meet is in two weeks..and it's our home meet. That's been one of her best meets the last two years, so here's hoping that'll be the case this year!

WTG to your DD. Sounds like she had a super meet. The form will return once she is really is back on track. Good luck for her next meet in 2 wks.

Glad she's back! I'm sure she'll get her form back--it can take awhile after an injury. Congrats to her on hitting most of her goals!!

Glad she was finally able to compete. Sounds like she did well for her first level6 meet (I am finding out through my daughter it seems to be a very difficult level judging wise). Hope she a great injury-free season.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back