Parents SHE GOT IT!!! Level 5 States News!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LOL, she could be so much better if her mom didn't pressure her so much. She is sooo talented, but see my post about parents who are too involved. I checked out the results for Sat and our team didn't do well at all except for the one older girl (12yr +) who was doing L5 (working L7) much longer. Frankly, I am a little nervous thinking about my own DD moving up, that floor is so much harder than the L4 routine. Not worried about the tumbling, more worried about the dance and the leaps.

LOL, she could be so much better if her mom didn't pressure her so much.

LOL I think sometimes people think I push my DD's too. My little one was on a Level 4 team with 9 other girls ages 9-12. They ALL were moved up except for 1 other girl and my DD because "they are small". I had something to say about this as score-wise these girls were ALL comparable except for 3 who were moved up to Level 6. The coach and I talked about it and decided if she's going to repeat a level, it would be 5 not 4 (where the useless mill circle was the death of her and the flatback vault where she needed to do handspring anyway for USAIGC meets). So most likely we will be meeting your DD (and Abigal?) at Level 5 meets next year :D I absolutely do NOT feel that my DD should move up to L6 even if her other teammates go up.

Congratulations to your DD!!! She should be so proud of herself.

Do you have a video link posted yet?

Congrats to your DD! She did great and her videos looked awesome. I am going to be having the same discussion you mentioned with my dd's coach. I know they want to hold her back at Level 4 but her scores are as good as most of the girls and why should she be held back just because she is little. I would way rather she repeat Level 5 as we are having the same issues with the vault and mill circle. Anyway, I am happy to see she finally got over her fear of catching the high bar and did a great routine.

Meg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back