She got it- the "thorn in her side" skill :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kitkat

Proud Parent
Has your gymnast ever had that one skill they couldn't get.

Firstly it was Alex's kip...she was the last one in her group to get it. Then she couldn't get her free hip for the longest time. And her latest was her "toe full". This skill has been the thorn in her side....her nemesis ...she has been working on this for a long time. But yah - she got it - she finally got it. She is over the moon. She had some really good ones today and some not so great ones. This one is in-between. :)

Oh that is SO awesome!
We too have a thorn. No chance of it getting pulled out for at least 6 months imho. So, we deal, lol. I am sure she was beyond thrilled, congrats to her!!!

My daughter was very inconsistent with her full turn on beam. She would stress herself out at practice so she wouldn't make it and same thing with warmup for meets. But then when she competes it it's perfect. A little weird to me!

Thank you for your comments....honestly this has been by far her hardest skill to learn..

Yay! It looks awesome. You must be so proud of her perseverance.

Oh that is SO awesome!
We too have a thorn. No chance of it getting pulled out for at least 6 months imho. So, we deal, lol. I am sure she was beyond thrilled, congrats to her!!!

She looks so good!
Congrats to her.
I think we have a long list of "thorn in the side" skills right now

Congrats to her!!

Turns on beam are hard
My daughter was very inconsistent with her full turn on beam. She would stress herself out at practice so she wouldn't make it and same thing with warmup for meets. But then when she competes it it's perfect. A little weird to me!

Gymnastics is so crazy.... it took her I am not kidding 3 years for that full...
and her maloney half - in no time. This is still in the making but it will not take her 3 years. This is such a crazy fun sport :)

Fingers crossed - she had another MRI today - praying she is healed :)

Yay! I am a boy mom, so I don't know exactly what that's supposed to look like - but it looked lovely to me! :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back