Parents She has overcome!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AlexsGymmyMom

Proud Parent
My DD has ALWAYS struggled overcoming fears. Especially on the beam. 2 nights ago she missed her hands doing a BWO on the beam (twice) and broke her fall with her face!:eek:. I just knew that she would be back to a line on the floor and taking many moons to get back to where she was.

But she has really proven me wrong on this one. Last night she did both a BWO and a BHS without being spotted! I am so stinkin proud of her! I don't think there is anything she could do to make me prouder! :)

It wasn't until reading these forums that I realised that it was even possible to overcome a fear - I recently gave up horseriding because I have developed a fear of jumping (after 30 years!) but I now feel inspired to try again. I am seriously impressed by your daughter - I can only imagine the level of courage it must have taken for her to get back on the beam and plunge backwards again. Huge congratulations to her.

You should be excited and proud. It seems she's deciding she's more able than she previously thought, and that's not an easy step to take and live up after having been cast as fearful of those skills.

I am very happy for your daughter, and am glad she is fine from her fall. Mine has a philosophy that is essentially, well if that is the worst that can happen (it's not, but I don't say anything) then I can try again :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back