Parents She made it to State!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mom2Gymgirls

Proud Parent
DD had her 3rd meet first thing this morning. She keeps having beam "issues", but even still she finally made the 32AA to qualify to the state meet in March.

Here's the play by play...

Floor: Very nice routine. A little piked on the dive roll and arched on the back extension roll, but awesome handsprings and dance. Score 9.125 and 1st place!! :D

Vault: This just keeps getting better each time. She could still use some more pop and a full out run, but improving every time. Score 8.5

Bars: Low bar kip looked good and was almost straight armed; however, she paused after the cast, which I think messed her up, because she then fell on the squat on. She made the high bar kip, but her tap swings still need some work, and I'm not sure she re-grasped the bar on the dismount. If she hadn't fallen on the squat on though this routine would have been an improvement from the last meet. Score 7.125

Beam: This was her last event, and dd's routine today was full of wobbles plus one fall. I think her nerves get the best of her in a meet because her beam routine is beautiful at practice. On the bright side though, dd made her cartwheel today, which made her very happy since she has fallen on that at the 1st 2 meets. :) Score 7.525

AA: 32.275 (Last place out of 6 girls ages 7-8, but as long as she is improving and qualified for state as well, we are thrilled!)

On another note, I'm hoping to maybe buy a video camera after christmas so that I can take and post some videos. dd and I really enjoy watching everyone else's. Any suggestions on a good, easy to use but not too expensive video camera?

Congrats to her for qualifying for States! She is improving and way to go on her floor!! As long as she is having fun and improving, it is all good. :D

Congrats to her on making it to State!! She must be very happy :)!!

I like my video camera--it's a Canon--mini DV. I would love to get an HD camcorder, but those are $$. This one is relatively inexpensive, but easy to get my video into the computer.

I like my video camera--it's a Canon--mini DV. I would love to get an HD camcorder, but those are $$. This one is relatively inexpensive, but easy to get my video into the computer.

Thanks for the tip on the camera, cathiann. Easy is the key thing for me. I'm not very technologically inclined. ;)

Congrats on Making it to State!! I have a Sony camcorder.. but unfortunetly I have a hard time getting the video off the camera and onto my computer!

Congrats to your dd for making it to States, that's very exciting for her!

As for video camera, well we had a really nice JVC and we had nothing but problems with it. So, dh went out and bought a very basic camera (also inexpensive, those 2 qualities seem to go hand in hand), can't think of the brand right now and I use that. I don't have any problems with it, it's a mini DV, and it's very easy to upload to my computer.

Congrats to your dd on qualifing for states!!!! My dd just had her 3rd meet and has fallen everytime on that cw,so whooo to your girl for sticking it good job!

Congratulations to your DD! That is awesome! Congrats to her on her first place finish on floor. I hope you get a camera so you can tape and post videos - love watching everyone's vids! :D

Meg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back