Parents She's still growing..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
My ODD grew overnight. Literally. Again. At 6pm last night I stood behind her and did a ballet bun, all normal like. This morning I was putting her hair in a pony and realized I had to reach up. We went to the measuring wall and what do you know? Another 3/4 of an inch. Does anyone else's kid literally grow overnight? My YDD always grows more gradually. My ODD is now 5'6.5. Taller than me and the same height as her daddy. Her doctor thought she was done about 2.5 inches ago. Ha!

ETA: she is a WAY more skilled hairdresser than me, but still likes me to do her hair. Figured I would put that out there. My husband thinks it's weird I do her hair at 15.

My daughter only wants me to measure her in the morning because she says she is taller! She says it is because our spine, etc, refill and get squished all day.

My ODD grew overnight. Literally. Again. At 6pm last night I stood behind her and did a ballet bun, all normal like. This morning I was putting her hair in a pony and realized I had to reach up. We went to the measuring wall and what do you know? Another 3/4 of an inch. Does anyone else's kid literally grow overnight? My YDD always grows more gradually. My ODD is now 5'6.5. Taller than me and the same height as her daddy. Her doctor thought she was done about 2.5 inches ago. Ha!

ETA: she is a WAY more skilled hairdresser than me, but still likes me to do her hair. Figured I would put that out there. My husband thinks it's weird I do her hair at 15.
maybe you shrunk...

Fall of 2015 my DD grew over 1" in a manner of days. I had happened to measure her on a Tuesday. By Friday I asked her why she was wearing shoes in the house as she was taller when I did her hair (she wasn't wearing any). Over the next month she continued to grow until she added a total of 2".

(My DD still asks me to do her hair as she’s a perfectionist and her cowlicks are a real, true pain. I don’t mind doing it as someday she'll be all grown up and won’t be bugging me to do it anymore. But funny that I also notice the growth when I’m doing hair. ;))

She's always been a spurty grower. I remember buying her new dress shoes for her first Christmas. Had her measured and bought them a week before Christmas (procrastination). On Christmas morning, they no longer fit her feet.

My DD is almost 13, almost 5' tall, and has been gaining a steady 1/4 - 1/2 inch per month for a few months now, and it definitely seems overnight each and every time. I wonder how tall she'll end up?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back