Parents Shocker - I took a gymnastics class!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmonkeymomma

Proud Parent
LOL - I was the kid who always faked cramps in high school so I didn't have to do gymnastics. The only thing I could do was a forward roll as far as tumbling. Tonight, my friend talked me into take an adult class - it was taught by my DD's coach. I was in remedial group, LMAO.... I learned how to do a cartwheel, roundoff, a BHS over the barrel (without crushing the barrel I might add) and a front tuck into the pit (with a spot)!!! My Little Monkey was laying across the vault table looking into the pit yelling "you can do it mommy, just BELIEVE" !!!

Now the question is whether I'm going to be able to get these old bones out of bed tomorrow!!!

:D LOVE IT!

Good for you ! ! ! ! ! ! I bet it was fun and worth the pain you'll feel tomorrow . . . and the next day . . .

that is AWESOME. I would totally do an adult gym class too, if my gym offered one! Hope you can move without toooo much pain tomorrow!

Awesome.
I was showing off cartwheels at the beach to my son this evening. He was not impressed:p

I would also totally do a class if there was one in the area.

You rock!

Wow! I could probably do a cartwheel and a handstand. Good for you. I walked 2 miles in my house today, using Walk at Home with Leslie Sansone. I know I am going to be hurting tomorrow. I never have exercised before, hoping I will stick with this. :)

LOL - I was the kid who always faked cramps in high school so I didn't have to do gymnastics. The only thing I could do was a forward roll as far as tumbling. Tonight, my friend talked me into take an adult class - it was taught by my DD's coach. I was in remedial group, LMAO.... I learned how to do a cartwheel, roundoff, a BHS over the barrel (without crushing the barrel I might add) and a front tuck into the pit (with a spot)!!! My Little Monkey was laying across the vault table looking into the pit yelling "you can do it mommy, just BELIEVE" !!!

Now the question is whether I'm going to be able to get these old bones out of bed tomorrow!!!

That's too cute!! I love it :D

Good for you for taking the class! After years in the military and as a firefighter, my body has taken a beating. I think if I were to take a gymnastics class, now, my bones would just crumble, haha!! It'd be neat though and I commend you for going after it!!

I never have exercised before, hoping I will stick with this. :)

I exercise on and off, more off than on, lol. However, I've NEVER done gymnastics before nor have I done kick boxing (which was the first class we took this evening from 6:45 to 7:30, then gym from 8:30 to 9:30). Back in the day, when I was much thinner and fit, I used to do step aerobics 4x/wk. Now I mostly do NOTHING!!

How fun! Our gym doesn't offer adult classes, but I'd totally do it--at least for one class, if they did!

Oh that is awesome, make sure you get some video. The Chalkbucket Challenge is coming up in October and someone has to thrash Md last years champ!!!!

I'd love to do an adult class, I think I"d suck, but it'd be so much fun.

That is awesome. Our gym does not have an adult class. I am planning on doing the tumbling class tonight. I took several in the spring then had to take a break for an unrelated injury of sorts.

Good for you! I took a class a few years ago and it certainly gives you perspective on how hard our gymmies work!

You go girl!!! I might try the kickboxing(especially after a bad day at work), but the gymnastics--no way. I really don't need my gymmie laying on a mat laughing her head off OR running out saying its too embarassing to watch:)

Good for you!! I would totally do a class if our gym offered one! I still get on the tramp with DD and I can still do quite a bit....but nothing backwards, as I am a scardycat.

Good for you!! I would totally do a class if our gym offered one! I still get on the tramp with DD and I can still do quite a bit....but nothing backwards, as I am a scardycat.

I am afraid of the trampoline b/c i don't feel like I have control, lol.

Went back for class #2 last night - wasn't as bad (scary) as the first week. My cartwheel is a little better. We were supposed to do front HS into the pit but I chickened out and did cartwheel into pit instead. We did beam (which may end up being my "best" lol, event) and we even went on the rings. This is a co-ed class and the guys also did beam! My arms hurt from the rings.

Awesome! If I didn't have such awful knees (and if I can find an adult beginner class) I would totally do it too. I re-started ballet this year after a 24-year hiatus. The old bones, they're a-creaking!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back