Parents Shorts Recommendations

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymDadWA

Proud Parent
I searched the forums but all the threads look pretty old and outdated, does anyone have updated recommendations for shorts to wear over their leos? DD has been wearing her school leggings at practice, at first she said she was cold, but mom and I suspected it is because she is uncomfortable. We got her some thin spandex bike shorts but DD said they bunch too much but did confirm it was an exposure/wedgie thing. Are velvet shorts still the best option for shorts that don't bunch? The GK ones seem really pricey and not sure whom else makes shorts that work well for gymnastics.

I think the Nike Pro and Athleta are going to be the same price as the GK. I'm assuming your daughter is on the younger side. When my daughter was younger we bought a lot of GK shorts, but what she preferred were the shorts they sold at Kohl's to go under dresses They are a thin material, don't bunch and are about $5 a pair. They are in the girl's underwear section.

Do you have an Academy Sports near you? Their house brand volleyball shorts are around $5 a pair and work well. My daughter wears them for both gymnastics and cheer.

We have a couple pairs from Target, a pair from Soffe outlet, and a couple pairs by Capezio that we got off Amazon (free shipping and few returns thanks to Prime, which helped find the right size). We also have a couple pairs of the velvet GK ones, but we got those from a consignment sale so only a few dollars.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back