Shorts?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We don't have specific rule or dress codes, of course the obvious thiongs like no Jeans or baggy shirts but other than that if the kid can move comfortably and we can see what she is doing its fine. So for most they wear a leo if they are younger or tight shorts with a leotard or a singlet or a crop top.

I think if we forced our older girls to wear just leotards all the time for training, we would lose some of them. They become very self concious at that age. Most will be fine for a meet but feel uncomfortable at training.

We are aloud to wear shorts, sometimes the week before the meet we can't just so we get used to it for the meet. For me a wear shorts but im almost 16 I only wear the velvet spandex ones though becuse they are more comfortable. I have tumble shorts and I used to wear those but they would always rip on bars so I switched haha. Last year you either had to wear the velvet shorts on bars or no shorts because it was dangerous to wear baggy shorts. But it doesn't really bother me to not wear shorts i mean its whatever but every one does so I do. And I never feel weird at meets because every one else is nakey also haha. (thats what our gym says when you don't have shorts on "look so and so is nakey! hahahaha" )

My gym is alright about shorts as long as you are wearing a leotard. They prefer you wearing the club training leotard though. I'm 13 years old and sometimes I wear shorts and sometimes I don't. It doesn't really bother me though, whatever I feel like is what I'll do. But we do have to wear close-fitting shorts though.
=]

My girls' gym has a "no shorts" rule on Fridays (they practice on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday) but are lax about it during the summer when there are no meets,etc. They don't specify which type they can wear though a lot of the girls wear the tight, velour or spandex ones from GK or Motion Wear.

shorts save my life. i feel so uncomfortable without them, and they dont affect how i practice or how i do at a meet. most of our team wears them, but were only allowed to wear tight soffees or the spandex (velvet) kind. they have told girls to go take their nike tempos off.. which was a bad idea to wear them in the first place...
but our gym allows only leotards (or a one piece swimsuit for the youger girls who only have like 2 leos or something) and shorts
some of our non competitive guys have showed up in jeans before, which blows my mind. why?!?! haha but when its cold i wear a heat gear under armour over my leo and sometimes on wednesday (2 hr) workouts over the summer i wear my shorts and a sleeveless heat gear. its sooooo comfy :)

Today, because of the no-shorts trend I started, my coach made the other 3 girls in my group take off their shorts also. They were so mad! I don't see why people don't like wearing shorts, they look just fine w/o them! Of course, I say that now as I have gotten used to not wearing shorts. A week ago that would be a different story! But the no-shorts thing isn't permanent...my coach said that once a week our group can't wear shorts, but I am going shortless everyday :)

my gym used to be able to wear shorts that were not tight but now we can only wear spandexs i don't know why but i am a little self consious not wearing shorts at meets but i know a girl who is about the same as me and she doesnt wear shorts

I personally think the little kids look much cuter in just a leo. Older girls should be able to wear shorts if they wish. I would hate for girls to leave because they feel so self concious. And teens often do. Meets are different they feel ok at meets without shorts. The older girls accept and cope with that well. We make the younger ones go without shorts running up to meets as they seem to find the transition harder.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back