Parents Should I make a misconduct report to Safe Sport on USAG site?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChloeJ2

Proud Parent
Hello,

I've been thinking and thinking about making a report of physical misconduct, verbal/emotional abuse, bullying, and harassment on the USAG website for my dd's former gym owner and another coach who works there. Has anyone else made a report on it yet? I'm thinking of doing it anonymously since the gym owner is so scary I wouldn't ever want him to know I made the report. Any thoughts or experience with it?

Their website says:
"Report all forms of safe sport non-sexual misconduct (Physical Misconduct; Verbal/Emotional Misconduct; Bullying; Hazing; and Harassment) to USA Gymnastics Safe Sport using the form below."

Thanks.

Reactions: sce
I would do it because it’s the right thing to do, but I’m not sure about the anonymity. My daughter and I reported someone anonymously, but usag contacted us and said we had to go on the record. Then, despite my offering at least four times, they never did follow through to speak with my daughter. It doesn’t seem like a great system yet to me.

I would also report it.
When you report, they are not supposed to tell the accused WHO filed the report.
Also, somewhere in the SafeSport documents, it says you are SUPPOSED to (I almost think it says REQUIRED to) report it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back