Parents Should I panic now?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Next Saturday is State here in Antartica.. (we are supposed to get 8 inches of snow on Monday)... I stopped by the gym a little early, walked in and thought Beetle was looking a little.... well.. of.. could it be she was crying?

They were on bars... and yes... Beetle had been crying... she chalks up for her routine... all her teammates were cheering for her.. I am thinking.. oh goodness..what now? I bet she is not turning her pirouettes again.. why cant she get that skill???? Kip..cast and....She turns a PERFECT PIROUETTE.. her teammates are cheering.. you can DO IT!! what? that wasn't what was wrong?? She

Keep gooing.. jump to high bar.. cast.. giant Giant.. Balk out of her flyaway.. she jumps down and burst into tears...never Ever EVER Has she balked out of a flyaway...but this wasnt the first time tonight, it was the 9th....

Apparently my L8 has lost her flyaway.. 1 week before state.. ahhh... not panicking..drinking wine instead....not panicking.... she said that is was a fluke.. do I believe That? Do I let HER Believe that? ( i think I should just let her believe it..)

Not Pancking... breathe in.. breathe out... Mumbling (I need a new sport.. we need a new sport).....

Thanks for the vent!

Hoping it was just a fluke as well. Sending her flyaway fairies. Good idea on your part, don't panic, drink wine. (((HUGS)))

I am sure it was just a thing, it happens sometimes. She'll be fine and has other practices. I wouldn't mention it at all, no point starting to mind **** it to death as it won't help. Absolutly let her believe it's a fluke, as it is, she hasn't lost it, she's had it for years.

Next Saturday is State here in Antartica.. (we are supposed to get 8 inches of snow on Monday)... I stopped by the gym a little early, walked in and thought Beetle was looking a little.... well.. of.. could it be she was crying?

They were on bars... and yes... Beetle had been crying... she chalks up for her routine... all her teammates were cheering for her.. I am thinking.. oh goodness..what now? I bet she is not turning her pirouettes again.. why cant she get that skill???? Kip..cast and....She turns a PERFECT PIROUETTE.. her teammates are cheering.. you can DO IT!! what? that wasn't what was wrong?? She

Keep gooing.. jump to high bar.. cast.. giant Giant.. Balk out of her flyaway.. she jumps down and burst into tears...never Ever EVER Has she balked out of a flyaway...but this wasnt the first time tonight, it was the 9th....

Apparently my L8 has lost her flyaway.. 1 week before state.. ahhh... not panicking..drinking wine instead....not panicking.... she said that is was a fluke.. do I believe That? Do I let HER Believe that? ( i think I should just let her believe it..)

Not Pancking... breathe in.. breathe out... Mumbling (I need a new sport.. we need a new sport).....

Thanks for the vent!
Been there all season with Bailey Giant. Comes and goes. Seems to happen as a meet nears. Best wishes and it will come back, it always does. This sport is such a head game and I agree with your approach.. Lots of wine. LOL. Tell her not to talk or think about it too much. Sending you flyaway fairy's.

Remember last month when my DD L7 lost her flyaway just days before a meet? I KNOW it was stress related...tough coach had been pushing her to compete her giant...so she lost her flyaway...a skill she had for at least 2yrs! Maybe Beetle is feeling the stress of states coming up & this is how it's manifesting itself. I think she just got herself overly nervous during practice, feeling the pressure of states approaching. I know it's difficult, but maybe you should declare it a "I'm not going to mention states or flyaways weekend". Let her have the rest of the weekend to RELAX & have non-gym related fun. Then see how it goes on Monday. But if her flyaway has been gone since the 9th, she may need some professional help to get it back by states. My DD got her's back after 2 privates with a very warm & supportive coach she had back in compulsories. Going to that coach always has that "going home again feel" to DD. DD is totally comfortable with her & she knows how to mentally build my DD back up & get her to do a skill. Does Beetle have a coach like that could give her a private or two next week??? Sending the "flyaway fairy" along with the "Zen fairy" off to Beetle! Good Luck!!!!

Sending flyaway fairies your way! :) Such a mental game for both the gymmies and us Moms! :rolleyes: My DD has the same issue with the on again off again back tuck!
I agreee let her believe it was a fluke and don't mention it!
Good luck at States!

No, don't panic...listen, you were busted trying to take a sneak peak of the routine....drink more wine, she's saving all her *STUFF* for states, LOL

I recommend a nice white Zinfendel (sp?) on ice

(HUGS)

I agree with everything I think it is the stress of state that she is putting on herself.

My problem is that I am "a talker" I like to talk EVERYTHING out... if there is a problem, I will talk it to death! (ask my husband!) I cant talk about it to her.. if I talk about it, then She will THINK it is a problem... and the last thing I want her to do is think there is a problem..

vicious cycle eh?

I agree with everything I think it is the stress of state that she is putting on herself.

My problem is that I am "a talker" I like to talk EVERYTHING out... if there is a problem, I will talk it to death! (ask my husband!) I cant talk about it to her.. if I talk about it, then She will THINK it is a problem... and the last thing I want her to do is think there is a problem..

vicious cycle eh?
Talk away to us here at CB!!! We're all ears(err...eyes I guess is more correct:eek:), we'll help you through! You guys have all helped me through a similar situation:D!

I think the panic is starting to waiver a little bit!! She did them today by herself!!

Last night she did a few with a spot. Today her coach spotted her once and then she told him just to stand there.. he spotted her and she got mad.. told him to go away LOL that was it.. she did a few more by herself.

State is Saturday night.. She has 2 more practices.. I can only hope She continues to do them.. ( I am pretty sure she will!!)

Thanks for all your support!!

Sounds like nerves to me. Just before state that uncertainty starts to set in and mess with their heads. Sometimes there is nothing you can say or do, just let them work it out in their own way. Once she does it once, she will feel more and more confident about it. Good luck!!!!

She's over the hurdle, I just know she's going to have a fabulous state meet! All the best to you & your dd as the day approaches! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back