Shoulders Cracking

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Is that bad? My left shoulder has cracked since I was 9 or 10, and my right one does too now. It feels like they need too. Does anyone else experience anything like this? Thanks in advance for any advice:D

don't worry about it. your a gymnast. gymnasts' bodies make unusual sounds at different times in their careers.

My shoulders usually crack when I do standing back tucks and when I wash tables at work. Odd combination, yes. But I asked my coach once, who is a massage therapist, if it was bad that every single one of my joints cracked, and she said that as long as it isn't painful that it's nothing to worry about :)

What Tumbler said. If it hurts, then you have something to worry about.

Sometimes, merely are body needs to be loosened up. Sometimes, this correlates with something that should be worked out with a PT or Chiro.

My right knee likes to pop a lot and I know my right leg has some funky things going on with it according to a chiro. Once it pops and cracks, it's good to go. My shoulders are just tight and my back sometimes just needs to crack when hanging off a high bar or rings or on a foam roller. Some of our kids at the gym will swing a lot better if they loosen up those shoulders or back sometimes.

I almost posted a similar thread. The other day my DD got up from the couch and I heard a lot of "Snap, Crackle & Popping" of her joints! It got me thinking.. Man, is there something wrong with this kid? Good to hear that it is normal in a lot of gymmies.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back