Side Aerial Form

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Vaasu

Gymnast
hey guys, would love some tips on fixing side aerial form, any advice/criticism at all would be appreciated! Will attach the video link below!

Thank you!

(Sorry about the quality, youtube doesn’t like apples slow motion feature)

I assume you are self-taught?
IT looks like you lack Some flexibility, you should see a reversed middel split in the middle of the aerial

I assume you are self-taught?
IT looks like you lack Some flexibility, you should see a reversed middel split in the middle of the aerial
I do cheerleading and gymnastics for different clubs as well as dance! What’s weird is I am flat on my right and middle splits!!! My coaches seem to tell me to go through needle first right at the beginning and I just can’t seem to!

Active and passive flexibility are very different things, they dont always translate to each other. Try doing different type of kicks (forward, sideward, backward, downwards.) focus on that kind of flexibility.

More flex or more power (leg strength). Either have wider legs at the same height... or the same width legs at a higher height. Either will allow you to have good form.

Try starting with your arms up.Then right before your second foot comes off the ground swing them back. This helps with height

Doing needle kicks will help teach you how to drive your legs and help with the flexibility. I also suggest trying to pull your chest up as soon as you can out of the skill.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back