silly leotard question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

nicci1999

Gymnast
Do any of you have the problem of having hips and leo legs not looking right? I would go up a size, but I would be afraid then of it being too big. And I am not much of a seamstress, any tips?

I don't quite understand what you mean as far as having issues with the hips but one thing I've noticed is that its all about the brand when it comes to the fit of leotards. I hate gk. As the sizes get bigger they get wider not longer but I love alphafactor and motionwear leotards. It really seems as if the aphafactor's were made with adult bodies in mind rather then large kids. If its for a competition leotard that you don't have any say over I don't know what would be best, as I said sometimes the larger you get the wider they get rather than larger. If its just a practice leotard try one of these brands. I hope I helped a little.

i'm going to try those brands. i have had success with gk axl, but what i need is the longness, not the wideness, so that's good to know!!

I think it's a little bit of a length issue for me as well, but what I notice is the leo tends to cut into the leg, though it's not uncomfortable in the least bit-it doesn't feel too tight, it just LOOKS way too tight

I've found as an adult that brand matters pretty substantially, & cut within the brand. Oh, and that GK AL is longer than GK AXL, but significantly narrower.

I've had good luck with Alpha Factor, have only been able to wear one MotionWear ever (and oh have I tried), used to have A Bear Affair one that was wonderful, and have a ballet leotard that's high enough in the neck for gym for summer.

Eventually leotard companies will make their adult sizes fit real adults. That'll be a great day.

Here Here. Where did you get your bear affair leo? I have one too, and have found that even though I went with a medium, it fits me REALLY well, but I found it on E-bay, and don't know where to get more?

Hey Nicci, I have found alpha factor much roomier in the legs and hips (and generally higher cut, don't know if that is good or bad for you). I normally go down a size in alpha factor also. Alpha factor seems to have less of that tight elastic to the legs. There are some on ebay pretty regularly.

Here Here. Where did you get your bear affair leo? I have one too, and have found that even though I went with a medium, it fits me REALLY well, but I found it on E-bay, and don't know where to get more?

I got my Bear Affair leo ages ago at a power tumbling meet. They had a stand at a state meet. It has to have been....oh gosh...7 years now?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back