Simone Biles new floor routine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LilyChow7

Coach
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Judge
What do you think about Simone Biles's new routine?

Personally I think her old one was much more fun and entertaining. I do like how she kept some of her signature dance moves though.

She looks amazing. The music though sounds dated. I was expecting to be wowed by the music/choreo/spirit/special somethin' for this routine, but wasn't. Maybe in front of a crowd it will have a different feel. I was wowed by her skills and moves and tumbling, but it just didn't get me tapping my toes and smiling like the old one did. But that's from more of a dance perspective than a tally-up-the-score perspective, which it would appear is maximized... And is the main objective..

I also LOVED her old one.

I think this one will be better if/when she performs it with more energy, and when she has a crowd to play to. She seemed almost a bit tired/disengaged doing it in podium training. That said, I do think it'll still be missing a little "something".

Either way, she's still amazing. ;)

First viewing inclined to say old one better, butI'll save my judgement until she performs it in competition. She definitely was not in full "sell it" mode in podium training.

Agree that I was expecting more of a wow factor. But it has music that is "clappable" and Rio-ish and I imagine it will be insane to watch once she gets more familiar with it and is in front of a sold-out crowd.

Watching it online yesterday, I amend my earlier comments as I thought it was actually pretty great. :) Good enough that I couldn't decide which I liked better.

She did say in an interview (viewable on USA Gym's YouTube channel) that they hadn't been practicing it with facials, etc. I'm guessing that's why it didn't seem so engaging during PT. I bet it only gets even better with time.

I think I didn't like it as much at first because I loved her old one so much. I know it'll grow on me the more I see it, and I love that she left her signature moves in.

She rocked it in competition! Simone can do her routine to the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" for all I care. She's incredible.
This! We loved the old one. My dd imitated her moves all over the house! But truly, it's her music, not ours, and hey...we can always youtube those older versions...;)
And yes, she could probably do her routine with NO music and still kick everyone else's arse.

...oh that note (tangent alert), is Gabby still having the la la la one? My inquiring child (who should be asleep, dang it!) wants to know!

I personally thought it was great. I think it'll go over very well in Rio. It's nice to see something new. Sometimes I feel like the elites hold on to their music/routines for too long while only changing the tumbling elements. I like that she's willing to change it up!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back