Singlets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

leapfrog

Gymnast
Judge
So T&T tends to be one of the more co-ed disciplines, and I was wondering if anyone had heard of someone competing in the female divisions in a singlet/shorts?

I'm currently seeking out a definitive answer on whether this is allowed in my region, but the singlets run so much cheaper, and there is so much less sparkle on them. My teammates and coaches may disagree, but I am not a fan of the rhinestones.

Your question got me curious. I know nothing about t and t, but my daughter is in Acro and here in the US acro girls may wear a unitard (and they look great imo)
So I found this from the FIG code of points and it appears to be the same in T and t?

6. DRESS FOR GYMNASTS AND SPOTTERS

*6.1Male gymnasts: Sleeveless or short sleeves singlet
Gym trousers (in a single colour, except black or any other deep dark colour)or Gym shorts
Trampoline shoes and/or foot covering of the same colour as the gym trousers or white6.

2*Female gymnasts: Leotard or unitard with or without sleeves (must be skin tight
Long tights may be worn (must be skin tight and be the same colour as the leotard)
Any other “dress” which is not skin tight is not allowed
For reasons of safety, covering the face or the head is not allowed
Trampoline shoes and/or white foot covering

Dress code is on page 9: http://www.fig-gymnastics.com/publicdir/rules/files/tra/TRA-CoP_2017-2020-e.pdf

So, it looks like the answer for girls is no to shorts, but tights with a leo or a unitard ok. Of course Canada may have a different set of rules, I could not find anything for Canada specifically but I only searched briefly.

I hear you with the rhinestones. It is ridiculous.

There was at one point a rule for girls that said the dress could not go further than your butt. However, I did get in touch with our local judging head who said they were discussing the shorts/leggings rules, and we did have a few muslim athletes compete in matching pants and hijabs last year, so here's hoping. She hasn't gotten back to me with a definitive answer yet. I believe she is checking with her higher-ups

Of course, even if I get the okay, I still have to make sure it is cool with all my coaches. I know one is fine with it, the others remain to be seen.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back