WAG SJ competing at CoverGirl Classic; Chow has reservations

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Mack_the_Ripper

Apparently Shawn Johnson is competing again! There was an article published in my local Iowan newspaper that I thought I'd share with you all. Gems include, "Johnson's coach, Liang Chow, expressed skepticism about her return.."
Ms. Johnson also talks like a teenager: "I remember the first couple of times I was going back in the gym I was getting shown up by, like, these 7-year-olds. I was like 'I can do 50 pull-ups,' and I, like, go for one and like, 'Oh, no,' you know?'"
This was cute: "I'm coming back simply because I miss the sport."

The full article is here: Johnson close to making her gymnastics return | TheGazette

Not sure which is worse, her talking that way or the reporter actually using it as a quote. He could have made the point without actually quoting the "likes" and "you knows". We are camping next weekend, might have to DVR some of the competition.

Yay yay yay yay yay! Shawn's been such a huge inspiration for me, and I'm super excited to see her come back!

jcs, I'm not being critical or trying to be defensice, but maybe all the "you knows" and "likes" was her actually being emabaressed by saying 7 year olds showed her up! I talk that way when I'm embaressed :)

i always get to "feeling like me again" when i'm dreaming and get a good night sleep. it's when i get up and put my feet down that i am reminded of my past and my dreamstate comebacks.:) wish her luck!:)

Apparently Shawn Johnson is competing again! There was an article published in my local Iowan newspaper that I thought I'd share with you all. Gems include, "Johnson's coach, Liang Chow, expressed skepticism about her return.."
Ms. Johnson also talks like a teenager: "I remember the first couple of times I was going back in the gym I was getting shown up by, like, these 7-year-olds. I was like 'I can do 50 pull-ups,' and I, like, go for one and like, 'Oh, no,' you know?'"
This was cute: "I'm coming back simply because I miss the sport."

The full article is here: Johnson close to making her gymnastics return | TheGazette

Not related to Shawn at all, but um....we must live VERY close to each other :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back