Skills or just over-imaginative parents?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wow. I'm impressed. Strength like this -- particularly the strength required for presswork -- just comes naturally to some kids, and this girl appears to be one such kid.

Haha, and the best part is how much fun she seems to be having doing it.

That's awesome! My life would be so much easier if the 8 year olds I taught could do any ONE of those moves. :p Just kidding, I really do love them.

Wow. This kid has both incredible strength and flexibility... and she can tumble.

If she has the right coaching and supportive parents and can stay healthy... I know it is a lot of what ifs... but I beliieve she can go as far as she wants to.

I've seen a few gymnasts that have this type of strength and flexibility.. and quite a few of them have gotten burned out. Their parents were very pushy though. So.. As long as she loves it and is the one asking her parents to take her to practice than that should never be a problem.

But yes the kid has a lot of talent. I'd run with it.

I have to agree with everyone else...WOW!!:eek: This child's skill level for an eight year old is amazing! I'm completely impressed!!

:jaw-dropping: :eye-popping: If only I could do that, life would be so much easier. She has amazing strength and flexibility. I am at a loss for words. Good job girl!

Here's a phrase that comes to mind: "Hard work beats talent, but when the talented work hard, anything is possible." I believe your daughter would fall under the 'anything is possible' category. :D

She does display a lot of strength and flexibility. Seeing that she is a level 5 and she is on a team, the gym she trains at should definitely get her involved with TOPS. At her age and with her already displayed strength, she would do very well.

The only thing I will say is that she is very loose. I know that she is just fooling around and having a good time and that could be why she is like she is, but she would excel if she could tighten up her body and point her toes.

Good luck with your dd and remember that gymnastics is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't push her too fast or too hard, let her set the pace.

AMAZING!!!!! She should totally get involved in a TOPs program!
WOW:):eek::applause:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back