Coaches Skills Poster

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

Coach&Gymnst

Does anyone else use a poster to show what skills the girls have? We want to try it and see how it has worked for others. Thanks!

We did, during the summer, so we could all see how close we were to getting the skills needed to move up. It was fun to track progress and a great motivater!

We used to have "star charts" that we could monitor our progress on. We would get little star stickers to put up on our charts when we accomplished skills-including strength and flexibility. I always loved putting stars up on my chart.

I have used one for my girls for the past year and a bit and they love it! They are more excited about getting to put a sticker on the chart than getting the actual skill i think! :p
I have just started one for my boys so they can see all the skills they need to be able to do in order to compete.... I am hoping it will motivate them to really work hard for these skills :)

So... I think they are a good idea and do work well :)

I'm glad this topic was posted, I've been wanting to do the same with our 'pre-team' L2-L4 girls.

Would any of you be able to provide example 'accomplishments' specifically for UB?

I've tried a few things on paper, but seem to get stuck on what might work best. I initially based it strictly on skills for ones given level...but then scratch my head trying to define specific accomplishments for each skill. Different color 'star' for attempted-spotted-'mastered'...that kind of thing?

I of course don't want to make it too complicated ;) ...but I'm hoping a fun idea like this would help motivate them to further develop a skill...as well as taking on new ones.

Cliff notes: What is on your chart? How is it managed?

Thanks!

Progression Posters

If you are able to get a hold of the CANGYM PROGRAM from GYMNASTICS CANADA it is good because it shows pictures of the skills

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back