skills

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

flippin fool 08

hi,
I am a level seven and i was wondering does anyone know if on floor you can do a round-off flip flop whip back flip flop back tuck? My floor coach said that i could do it but my head coach said that i cant do it??

oh and my friend was wondering if she could do a round-off flip flop half punch front.

so please help me!!

thanks,
cait

Odds are,your head coach may have just not wanted you to do it, because it's uneccesary. It will, however, prepare you for level 8 when a double salto pass is required.

ya I have the whip pass down perfect and now i am tring to put a full at the end of it. but i was hoping to compete my double salto pass at the meet called twistars!!

i know a gymnast when she was level 7 that competed a R/O flick, whip, flick, back tuck
except for she did a back layout instead of a back tuck. but that was in the Aus/Nz code but im not sure about other codes though.

In Australia you can do that pass in Level 5. It would add a 0.6 bonus to the routine. The same in Level 6.

In level 7 in Australia there is no difficulty restrictions you can do any skills and passes.

I know the first pass is a double salto pass, and in my gym, my coach would probably wait until your a level eight to do. As for the second one.. I'm not sure. I havn't seen anyone do it as a level seven in all the meets I've been to.

Both passes are allowed with the rules, but would only incurr deduction, which is why the coach wont let you do it. Level 7 is all about execution- do the requirements and do them well. You can certainly work these passes, but you should leave them out of the routines.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back