Parents Slightly Off Topic- more than one way to do gymnastics in college.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Congrats! That's amazing!

I didn't know that club gymnastics exists in college. Does anyone have a list of schools that have this program?
Here is a list of colleges with competitive clubs.
My DD’s college isn’t on here- they train but don’t complete as a club. Naigc allows gymnasts to enter independently from a club for comps, and my DD’s school is in a consortium with a school that does compete- their club team offered to share info and take her under their wings for comps.

Does anyone have some suggestions for active NAIGC gymnastics clubs for women that would accept an XD gymnast/approx level 8? I looked through several of the schools on the list that my daughter is interested and every one is either inactive , the links don’t work or is a men’s program only. Thank you!
Here is another link that I think might be more active: https://naigc.org/clubs/

You could also look through meet results for Nationals to see who is active: https://naigc.org/nationals-2019-results/

Does anyone have some suggestions for active NAIGC gymnastics clubs for women that would accept an XD gymnast/approx level 8? I looked through several of the schools on the list that my daughter is interested and every one is either inactive , the links don’t work or is a men’s program only. Thank you!
I also just took the list of colleges my daughter wanted for academics and location and googled the school’s name and club gymnastics. I added a tick mark to her list if they had a club team. She knew she could always join a regular gym for xcel if the college didn’t have a team- she was just hoping for the free low/cost option, which she found. Twice a week practices at a private gym with transportation included for basically free.

College gymnastics clubs are student run clubs and are open to anyone interested in gymnastics. The girls practice on their own, coaching and helping each other. Many club teams will work out at a nearby club facility after hours, or for schools with an NCAA team, the club team might use their facility after hours. The meets have divisions (L8 or L9 for women) and you will often see all experience levels including beginners. For women, they can compete L8 or L9 for the national meet- which is really a huge fun get together of the clubs from all over for 4 days. For my DD's club team, the only requirement for Nationals was to compete in at least 2 meets during the year and they were supposed to go to at least 8 practices a month. They do a few fundraisers including hosting a meet, but her cost for the whole year was $350 which included EVERYTHING! It truly is a recreational experience and truly for fun- but it is a great low cost way to stay active in the sport with very little commitment. If you look at the NAIGC site it will have a link to the nationals results from this April- that will give you lists of all the clubs that participated this year in Nationals.

Can't edit- just realized they have L7 as well... Also if you look at the results, go to the preliminary results as that will have the very lengthy list of all the competitors- the finals results will only show the few who made it to finals. I also noticed in the list of clubs on the website my DD's club team is not listed either. NAIGC also has a FB page that is active- you may be able to get more info there.

My daughter found that going through the NAIGC site and then contacting clubs directly was the best way to get more information. One of my son's teammates is on Illinois' club team and really enjoys it. He is advancing his training there with the possibility of walking on to Illinois' NCAA team next season.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back