Parents Slightly Off Topic- more than one way to do gymnastics in college.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
We just received notification that my DD was accepted into an incredibly selective scholarship program (under a 2% acceptance rate). She’s going to the absolute best college for her in terms of academics and fit, and she’ll do club gymnastics while she is there. I know there is a thrill to the chase of ncaa scholarships, and obviously the amazing prestige of competition on that level- but there is absolutely a way for girls not on that level to still love and participate in gymnastics during college- and if their academics are there, they can still do it for free! Just like putting our little journey out there. Started at 13, xcel to jo to xcel again- graduating as a diamond and has a full academic ride to a top 20 college. Dream big but dream wide!

Congrats! Love Club gymnastics, they have so much fun. Judging a meet soon. If it's a top private school with club gym and not an Ivy, that narrows down the list and I probably know, great school with excellent reputation. It is definately her perrogative to keep it private, but she should be just as proud to announce her "commitment" as the D1 gymnasts!

Congrats to your daughter! My dd has really enjoyed doing college club gymnastics this year- they have a lot of fun and it is very low key and it has been a great way for her to focus on her academic goals and become involved in many other opportunities on campus.

Your daughter is a leader in so many ways. They are lucky to have her! I’ve enjoyed reading about her journey over the last couple of years.... and can’t wait to hear more about her experience with college club gymnastics.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back