MAG Slipper High Bar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

kalgymcoach

Coach
Judge
I am relatively new to boys gymnastic equipment. But my DS seems to slip alot even after using mag. I have coached girls for 9 years and we mag up the uneven bars, can you do that to the metal high bar? or does anyone else have any other ideas. It's a pain because when it is humid we can't do alot on high bar. Any suggestions would be helpful.

mag? do you mean scuffing up the bar like sandpaper or a file?

is that bar also being used as a strap bar. that's a perfect way to making a men's bar basically crummy

how old is your boy? I find it easier for the little guys to hang on to rings much easier than the HB. As well, many lil guys don't want to go thumb around on the overgrip which is one of the reasons they sometimes peel ( their hands can be too small)

I hope you're using chalk and sometimes it can get down to the type of chalk

Sorry Mag is the same as chalk. We don't use it for a strap bar. My boy is 10, and finds it slippery even after using chalk. Can use the Uneven bars without a problem as this is crummy.

Young boys with small hands will still find swinging on HB difficult at times whereas on UB they can employ an overgrip with the thumb on top instead of opposed.

And many young boys will still swing on HB with the thumb on top in an overgrip instead of mixed grip.

More grip strength helps but it's problematic with small hands or using an overgrip with thumb on top like the girls do.

Is the bar itself wet from the humidity. The texture of a UB should be easier to hold since it's wood/whatever compared to steel.

It can get wet with the humidity, not dripping, but wet enough for it to still be on their hands. I will get my son to do more grip work on the UB. Thanks

I'd say just chalk the bar before using it. That should take care of any moisture besides chalking up their hands or grips.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back