WAG Slippery feet on floor......?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmom14

Proud Parent
My dd 17 is having a hard time on floor all of a sudden. She said her feet don't sweat and are very soft (she does not put lotion on them). When she front tumbles and tries to land, her feet are slipping and she ends up on her butt. She said she should be able to land the passes, she is pretty much right over her feet. She tried putting water on her feet, and it helped, but only lasts for one pass in her floor routine. Any idea of what she can do? Anything she can spray on her feet?

Thanks!

It could be the carpet. I remember when I was competing many years back I went to a meet that had VERY slippery carpet and during my 1 1/2 toe turn I accidentally did a double! Is the carpet on the floor new? It will get rougher with use if that's the case. I would just have her put a sting mat or a 4 inch mat on the ground where she lands her tumbling passes for the time being.

CoachMeg, the carpet is not new! I believe it is the same one as when she started gymnastics 11 years ago! It is her issue. The other girls are fine (she thinks because they sweat). Is there any type of sticky spray she could try?

Maybe she's landing her tumbling passes on her heels? That could cause her to slip right out from under her. I used to have a gymnast who would always land on her toes or her heels, never her entire foot. Lots of landing drills to get out of that habit. As for a product, you could try Tuf Skin. Not much experience with it but it's basically a colorless spray that's slightly sticky. Some girls spray it on their skin to help keep their leotards from riding up, especially at meets where their leos are a little higher cut. Could try it out! I believe its only about $10-15 bucks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back